British Speedway Forum

On 2/17/2021 at 5:37 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

he was a protected asset to Ipswich as "their" rider, if the Witches didn't want to use him he was available to others.

Same as Belle Vue had 1st pick on Palin.....

Sheffield with Bates....

Palin is an asset of scunthorpe

our only asset from the list was Bickley

On 2/17/2021 at 8:20 AM, Baldyman said:

And so we come to speedways second biggest issue, fans that bury their heads in the sand, as long as its their team that benefit. 

Imagine if Josh had been Matt Ford's nephew and Poole had signed him using the same criteria??

This place would have been in meltdown!!! :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Palin is an asset of scunthorpe

our only asset from the list was Bickley

Ah ok.... my bad. so Bickley was protected for BV then..

Sorry, my mistake, :blush: but I knew I had read it somewhere :t:

• PotteringAround
  • Members
  • 107 posts
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2021 at 2:43 PM, TheWatcher said:

You raise an interesting point. But why would Peterborough get to pick their rider ahead of Belle Vue? Or is there something about the selection process we have not been told?

Yes.

After new boys Sheffield, the rest allegedly got to pick in order of the 2019 finl league table, worst to best, so the order of picking was Peterborough, King's Lynn,, Belle Vue, Ipswich, Wolves.    (Though that does make you wonder why Drew Kemp wasn't picked earlier)

On 2/21/2021 at 3:26 PM, IronScorpion said:

Sorry, my mistake, :blush: but I knew I had read it somewhere :t:

• PotteringAround
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Yes.

After new boys Sheffield, the rest allegedly got to pick in order of the 2019 finl league table, worst to best, so the order of picking was Peterborough, King's Lynn,, Belle Vue, Ipswich, Wolves.    (Though that does make you wonder why Drew Kemp wasn't picked earlier)

If that's true, why would you reward teams for failure by giving them first pick? If anything should let league champions have first pick etc as they probably have the most points to shed from their team!

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If that's true, why would you reward teams for failure by giving them first pick? If anything should let league champions have first pick etc as they probably have the most points to shed from their team!

It’s the British way! Reward failure!! Make it harder for winners!!

53 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It’s the British way! Reward failure!! Make it harder for winners!!

its also the American way

In their draft system the bottom team from the previous season gets first choice

• Like 2

So Sheffield now contest one of the first 3 Premiership meetings at Belle Vue on 17th May.

53 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Sheffield now contest one of the first 3 Premiership meetings at Belle Vue on 17th May.

All Premiership teams are racing that night. 

• Like 1

http://sheffield-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2945

The fact Mr Mole 'cannot understand some of the negativity' sums up why speedway finds itself in the position it is....:rolleyes:

Head in the sand syndrome brought on by self interest abounds through the whole piece 

Love the 'Josh could be a trump card' line - no sh!t Sherlock :lol: 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

http://sheffield-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2945

The fact Mr Mole 'cannot understand some of the negativity' sums up why speedway finds itself in the position it is....:rolleyes:

Head in the sand syndrome brought on by self interest abounds through the whole piece 

Love the 'Josh could be a trump card' line - no sh!t Sherlock :lol: 

I notice if you go to that page it encourages you to buy tickets for Sheffield v Belle Vue

... on 6 May

.. there's nothing like looking professional, and this is nothing like looking professional.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

I notice if you go to that page it encourages you to buy tickets for Sheffield v Belle Vue

... on 6 May

.. there's nothing like looking professional, and this is nothing like looking professional.

I'm sorry but......

"I cannot understand your negativity" 

"Fans buying tickets for matches that dont exist could become a real trump card for this years bottom line" ;)

Wow - this talking bullsh!t lark is easier than I thought :D

• Haha 2

"He is inexperienced in the Premiership"

so is Jason Crump.. can he be a rising star too.?.. Born in Bristol don't you know :t:

• Haha 2