British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Money will be the difference surely. 

Nope

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Money will be the difference surely. 

I suspect it has more to do with the logistics of international travel, and a UK base now looking less unattractive given the success of the UK vaccination programme.

2 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Shame he didn’t do that so he could ride for The Pirates!!

If Ellis was only going to race in one league in Britain it was always gonna be the Premiership over the Championship!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Shame he didn’t do that so he could ride for The Pirates!!

Why would he choose small fry over bigger clubs

• Like 4

On 3/5/2021 at 9:53 PM, Jonny the spud said:

Nope

OK. I'd have thought pay in premiership would be higher than in championship. No wonder people want to double down then. 

If Ellis was to ride in the CL with Poole, take a look at the fixtures, eg

Tues 25th May @ Plymouth Wed 26th May @ Poole Sat 29th May @ Eastbourne .

Tuesday and Wednesdays are when Sweden and Denmark ride. 

Sunday is Poland and the Poles want their riders in the country the day before. Also there are fixtures on sundays in the UK too. So for a rider that wants to ride in Europe then the CL makes no sense.

The PL is different as a rider will know that on Mondays and Thursdays  they will be in the UK. Others nights and they be abroad. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

OK. I'd have thought pay in premiership would be higher than in championship. No wonder people want to double down then. 

It is.

Believe it or not , not everything is about the money. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

It is.

Believe it or not , not everything is about the money. 

Lads can't win.

Take a leap at developing their career by riding in stronger leagues in Poland and they're turning their back on British Speedway.

Ride two British leagues and they're milking the UK gravy train.

I think Ellis and Bewley have made the right choice by picking PL and Poland.  Hopefully scoring heavily and maintaining confidence in the UK and taking that confidence on to the continent for tougher challenges overseas.

Should the opportunities in Poland be limited then consider a CL place.  For which they'd no doubt get stick.

Imagine having the freedom to do whatever is best for your own circumstances....... 

• Like 8

Definitely did not see that coming. Wonder what average he will be on. He is assessed at 4 in the championship. The conversation rate would make that 2.5, although I am not sure that will apply in this case. 

Strange signing. Has he not rode since around 2014?? Hopefully he can get back to some form that he was capable of in the past.

39 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Definitely did not see that coming. Wonder what average he will be on. He is assessed at 4 in the championship. The conversation rate would make that 2.5, although I am not sure that will apply in this case. 

I'd imagine he'll be coming in on a 3. Just don't get the signing at all, doesn't give us much more to play with if we'd signed Morris instead and our best option is probably still Ricky Wells.