British Speedway Forum

Another strange signing for me and doesn't come up with a reason why we've dropped Ash Morris really.

Suppose we'll never know the true reason behind the last two signings, but I think its really let down what could've been an amazing side. Firmly put Belle Vue in the driving seat for the title this year imo.

• Thanks 1

When does Tai get announced? B)

Guess we’ll see when we get on track as to how we’ll fare - people having a year off will no doubt affect different riders in different ways. I know most of the top riders have still been riding, but it’s probably the lower order riders who will make the difference as that is where any improvement in averages will be.

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Another strange signing for me and doesn't come up with a reason why we've dropped Ash Morris really.

Suppose we'll never know the true reason behind the last two signings, but I think its really let down what could've been an amazing side. Firmly put Belle Vue in the driving seat for the title this year imo.

Yes it is strange but as we know it's a numbers game in speedway. I feel sorry for Ash.I was talking to him last March and he was looking forward to riding for sheffield and got an engine specifically for Sheffield .We probably got sedgeman as he's been racing this winter and is expected to hit the ground running.It will be interesting to see how long it takes riders to get upto race speed after most have had a good 18 months off the bike.

I'm sure the BSPL's style of maths is better than mine, but what are the Sheffield top 6 (i.e. without Josh Bates) starting averages?

6 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I'm sure the BSPL's style of maths is better than mine, but what are the Sheffield top 6 (i.e. without Josh Bates) starting averages?

Not 100% confirmed but believe these to be correct 

Sheffield Tigers

1. Troy Batchelor 8.82

2. Justin Sedgmen 3.25

3. Adam Ellis 6.25

4. Kyle Howarth 5.58

5. Jack Holder 7.49

6. James Wright 3.00

7. Josh Bates 4*

Total: 34. 39

Remaining: 01.11

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Sheffield Tigers

1. Troy Batchelor 8.82

2. Justin Sedgmen 3.25

3. Adam Ellis 6.25

4. Kyle Howarth 5.58

5. Jack Holder 7.49

6. James Wright 3.00

7. Josh Bates 4*

Thank you Daniel. I guess I'm struggling with where Justin Sedgmen's average is derived from?

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Thank you Daniel. I guess I'm struggling with where Justin Sedgmen's average is derived from?

Championship 2019

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Championship 2019

Do you (or anyone) know how that works? I only ask, because Justin does have a Premiership average, but that dates back to 2017. When does such an "old" average fall out of the calculation?

45 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Sheffield Tigers

1. Troy Batchelor 8.82

2. Justin Sedgmen 3.25

3. Adam Ellis 6.25

4. Kyle Howarth 5.58

5. Jack Holder 7.49

6. James Wright 3.00

7. Josh Bates 4*

If that's Sedgmen's "true" average it'll be rounded up to 4.00!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Do you (or anyone) know how that works? I only ask, because Justin does have a Premiership average, but that dates back to 2017. When does such an "old" average fall out of the calculation?

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If that's Sedgmen's "true" average it'll be rounded up to 4.00!

Good point

When Bates eventually puts himself on the sidelines this team will fall apart imo. Two poor signings to finish the 1-7. Sheffield will be relying on Bates staying fit which is a one in a million chance tbh.

11 hours ago, spin king junior said:

They obviously must rate Sedgmen above Morris!

Both sedgeman and Morris have ridden for Ipswich.  I’d choose ash every time. Sedgeman was a absolute disgrace with a terrible attitude. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

They obviously must rate Sedgmen above Morris!

I rate Sedgmen above Morris, but I don't rate Wright above Morris. I could understand signing Wright if it was to accommodate a rider like Berge, someone who's going to make a massive difference in the team. 

But its not achieving anything like that, it seems to be just on a hope that Wright will rollback the years to what he once was. And I just can't see it happening, I bloody hope I'm proved wrong and he turns out to be a big scoop for the season for us but I do feel like Morris has been incredibly hard done by our promotion.