British Speedway Forum

On 7/21/2021 at 4:36 PM, Heathcote said:

Why would you sack him? He openly said at the start of the season that he would get his average down to enable him to double up

At this stage of the season it would be almost impossible fro Sheffield not to finish in the top 4 and therefore make the play offs....then the season starts properly

Does that make it right, the team/fans loose for his gain..Joke

Surely ben barker must be worth a go at Sheffield great track for him always gives 100%,he also has top equipment this year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Surely ben barker must be worth a go at Sheffield great track for him always gives 100%,he also has top equipment this year. 

I said that at the start of the season,likes Sheffield and good entertainment value.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

I said that at the start of the season, likes Sheffield and good entertainment value.

You aren't the only one who has said this... Cant understand why Ben wasn't picked up at the start of the season... would have been moot anyway because of his hand injury at the Newcastle P&P however he's back firing on all cylinders now (well one good one anyway) and its nuts that someone hasn't give him a go... there are a few Prem clubs that seem to be weak at the bottom end and Ben slots in on a very reasonable average (5.42)...

Like I said "Nuts" as he could do a job that is for sure... and improve any team in the league...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 2

I would replace Batchelor now, if he wants to lower his average fine, go do it for someone else, Sheffield no doubt pay him good money regardless of what he scores on the night, they are entitled to better.

He is ripping Sheffield and the fans off and will then go back to Swindon next year on a nice reduced average.

2 minutes ago, marko said:

I would replace Batchelor now, if he wants to lower his average fine, go do it for someone else, Sheffield no doubt pay him good money regardless of what he scores on the night, they are entitled to better.

He is ripping Sheffield and the fans off and will then go back to Swindon next year on a nice reduced average.

Batch’s lowered average should balance out Adam Ellis’ increased average when they both return (hopefully) 

4 minutes ago, marko said:

Why would he want to lower his average ? this is his only job .. Do people think before they put stuff down ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, orion said:

Why would he want to lower his average ? this is his only job .. Do people think before they put stuff down ?

If he did lower his average it would enable him to ride in the championship and have many more meetings and opportunities to earn. 
I do think in this case it’s more to do with riding far less than most other riders. 

14 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Does that make it right, the team/fans loose for his gain..Joke

After last nights performance im not exactly sure this is only about lowering his average. Its ok trying to manipulate your average in order to get a team slot elsewhere, and maybe the management where onboard with this plan originally, especially as he was so open about it. But here comes a time when you need to put a performance in not only for the team but also to put yourself in the shop window. 

Troy has recently talked about looking abroad  as there are no offers coming in from the championship, but which Swedish or Polish side are going to make a chance on him now. He was easily outmuscled in a couple of races over the first 30 yards and never looked like passing anyone in a race after that. This talk of not riding enough doesnt sit well either, Reg Wilson and Doug Wyer only ever rode in one league once a week but still turned up every week to bang in a maximum. Tai Woffinden only rides once a week now but still does the business every time he turns out, in a much tougher league. I think his time at Sheffield is up, or so it should be.

I am unsure as to exactly when Sheffield's averages are officially changed again, so unsure of what is possible with regards team changes, but in my opinion Jack and Adam will be our main heat leaders, Tungate needs to come in for Troy and just maybe that would also allow Sedgman to return at reserve in place of Wright. As for the other reserve position there is little can be done there as all 4 point rising stars are employed elsewhere and the rest are no better or worse than Kyle Bickley anyway. Theres no point even waiting for Josh Bates, yes one meeting he could score 5 but he is as easily going to end up in the fence on turn 1 of heat 2 and score bugger all again, so also time to ditch him for good.

Other option would be to ask Belle Vue if they want to swap Kurtz for Batchelor 

James Shane’s could come in he’s not riding in the premiership and is a RS. He’d be more useful than Bickley has been surely. Changes need to be done before Kings Lynn away

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heathcote said:

After last nights performance im not exactly sure this is only about lowering his average. Its ok trying to manipulate your average in order to get a team slot elsewhere, and maybe the management where onboard with this plan originally, especially as he was so open about it. But here comes a time when you need to put a performance in not only for the team but also to put yourself in the shop window. 

Troy has recently talked about looking abroad  as there are no offers coming in from the championship, but which Swedish or Polish side are going to make a chance on him now. He was easily outmuscled in a couple of races over the first 30 yards and never looked like passing anyone in a race after that. This talk of not riding enough doesnt sit well either, Reg Wilson and Doug Wyer only ever rode in one league once a week but still turned up every week to bang in a maximum. Tai Woffinden only rides once a week now but still does the business every time he turns out, in a much tougher league. I think his time at Sheffield is up, or so it should be.

I am unsure as to exactly when Sheffield's averages are officially changed again, so unsure of what is possible with regards team changes, but in my opinion Jack and Adam will be our main heat leaders, Tungate needs to come in for Troy and just maybe that would also allow Sedgman to return at reserve in place of Wright. As for the other reserve position there is little can be done there as all 4 point rising stars are employed elsewhere and the rest are no better or worse than Kyle Bickley anyway. Theres no point even waiting for Josh Bates, yes one meeting he could score 5 but he is as easily going to end up in the fence on turn 1 of heat 2 and score bugger all again, so also time to ditch him for good.

Other option would be to ask Belle Vue if they want to swap Kurtz for Batchelor 

Can't get Justin back, unless that's another rule that's been changed 

13 hours ago, lewy said:

Oh no, no! Not BB! Anyone but him! Kyle Howarth and BB in the same team would be a tinderbox.

Just sat here and realised Tai Woffinden only in Poland and  is free to do the British league  if only lol

mind you he could do with more track time his gating is shocking 

• Haha 1

I think Dan Thompson would do a job for you at reserve. Once he got fully dialled into the track. He’s a great prospect 

just a thought.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justathought said:

I think Dan Thompson would do a job for you at reserve. Once he got fully dialled into the track. He’s a great prospect 

just a thought.  

The reserve position isn't what needs fixing. 

Personally, while Harris is at No7 I'd go with guests or R/R

• Confused 3