British Speedway Forum

How about Ed Kennett?….seems to be getting into a bit of form now?

8 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

eddie kennett around sheffield:nono:

But could he average more than 5.87, because that is Batchelor's average so far this year.

• Haha 1

Batch's  stats are fairly unusual to me. Most riders around his average 5.87 (second strings) seem to get as many ,if not more 2nd places than 1st places.

Troy's 2021 stats are...

15 1st places

5  2nd places

11 third places

13 4th places

A high number of wins for his average, a low number of 2nds. And around 60+% of his rides are 3rd or last.

I've not seen him ride this year, but the stats look like if he gates he is fast, because it don't look like the gets past much when in front. But if he don't he either can't be bothered/lowering his average (as he is reported to have said at the start of the season) or he has a genuine confidence issue. 

These are just my thoughts, having not seen him ride. But looking at his stats.

I had him as one of the top riders in the Prem before the season started.

Edited by Bald Bloke

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've not seen him ride this year, but the stats look like if he gates he is fast, because it don't look like the gets past much when in front. But if he don't he either can't be bothered/lowering his average (as he is reported to have said at the start of the season) or he has a genuine confidence issue. 

Yes,that's pretty much the case,especially at Owlerton.

Now he's not the number one it will be interesting to see where Steady places him in the team,assuming he stays a Tiger!

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yes,that's pretty much the case,especially at Owlerton.

Now he's not the number one it will be interesting to see where Steady places him in the team,assuming he stays a Tiger!

Would it be better to make a double change. Say Kennett and Barker for Batchelor and Wright. Jack and Adam's averages suggest they are good enough to ride at 1 and 5. Strengthen up at reserve. Batchelor only scoring like a second string so losing nothing there.

I think ideally we need a triple change but don’t think Kennett /Barker plus another is the way to go. I’d be tempted to get Shanes in for Bates and I’d love to see Nicki in for Bachelor and then see what points we have left. It’s easy to get rid of Bachelor but harder to replace him. We’ve done it previously when we got shut of Bjerre and weakend the team. 

37 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I’d love to see Nicki in for Bachelor and then see what points we have left. 

Nicki can’t under Polish rules. 

34 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nicki can’t under Polish rules. 

Maybe not nicki Steve but maybe someone from a polish team that's not in the play offs if you get where I'm coming from? 

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

I’d be tempted to get Shanes in for Bates and I’d love to see Nicki in for Bachelor and then see what points we have left. 

Agree on James Shanes,odd that we haven't used him yet,Dan from Leicester looked promising last week against Kings Lynn aswell.

As for Nicki for Troy (if it was possible),I think you could only do that by losing another of the top 4 (Kyle or Josh) and rebuilding to 35.50 as Nicki would come in on 8.50 +.

Vaculik big mates with steady   What average would he be on. Poland finishes soon so we could have a decent selection to choose from 

8.00 was his given figure for Leicester back in 2018.

To replace Troy,a riders average has to be equal or lower than his average if you want to keep the other four. So for example,you couldn't use Nicki in a straight swap,but you could use Jack's big brother Chris 7.16,or Tai 7.03.(If only!)

Also there are Swedish fixtures on Thursdays that could impact a signing of a rider free of Polish meetings.

Ipswich are our nearest rivals for a Play Off.

They have ridden 6 matches at home and have lost 3 of those matches.

What we need to try ensure is that we don't lose anymore meetings at home to pip Ipswich.

Providing Jack Holder is back sooner rather than later, I believe we can achieve this by replacing 3 riders.

Those that needs replacing are;

Troy Batchelor

Forget , the likes of Nicki Pedersen won't be available until the Polish play offs start, and to be honest we cannot wait that long.

Forget Vacilik, his Polish club will make the Play offs and he GP commitments and won't want to ride in the UK.

Forget Barker or Kennett, not in the best of form, and frankly I doubt that they would be any better than Batchelor.

Possible replacements

Rohan Tungate could be a possibility, he has been released from his Polish club, could be issues with visa's, but if we can get over could possible do a job for us.

Niels Kristian Iversen, could be a possibility rides for the same Polish team as Tungate, but the likelihood is that he too will be released but it would depend how or when he is fit as he has been injured.

James Wright

We need a reserve who will score decent points at home.

Simon Lambert is scoring well this season, and he rides Sheffield well so he would my first choice.

Ashley Morris is another we could consider.

Josh Bates       

Time to stop using Guests for Josh, if he is not coming back for the next meeting then we need to get in a new permanent Rising Star.

James Shanes would be my choice, would be capable of matching or bettering what Josh would be scoring.

If Shanes is not available then how about bringing in Dan Thompson.  

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

8.00 was his given figure for Leicester back in 2018.

To replace Troy,a riders average has to be equal or lower than his average if you want to keep the other four. So for example,you couldn't use Nicki in a straight swap,but you could use Jack's big brother Chris 7.16,or Tai 7.03.(If only!)

Also there are Swedish fixtures on Thursdays that could impact a signing of a rider free of Polish meetings.

I believe the top league in Sweden ride on a Tuesday, its the lower leagues ride on Thursday.

So any rider that we would be looking at to replacing Batch would be available on Thursday's.

• Like 1