British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is there any news on Jack Holder. 

Rode ok for Torun this afternoon.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, spin king said:

Ipswich are our nearest rivals for a Play Off.

They have ridden 6 matches at home and have lost 3 of those matches.

What we need to try ensure is that we don't lose anymore meetings at home to pip Ipswich.

Providing Jack Holder is back sooner rather than later, I believe we can achieve this by replacing 3 riders.

Those that needs replacing are;

Troy Batchelor

Forget , the likes of Nicki Pedersen won't be available until the Polish play offs start, and to be honest we cannot wait that long.

Forget Vacilik, his Polish club will make the Play offs and he GP commitments and won't want to ride in the UK.

Forget Barker or Kennett, not in the best of form, and frankly I doubt that they would be any better than Batchelor.

Possible replacements

Rohan Tungate could be a possibility, he has been released from his Polish club, could be issues with visa's, but if we can get over could possible do a job for us.

Niels Kristian Iversen, could be a possibility rides for the same Polish team as Tungate, but the likelihood is that he too will be released but it would depend how or when he is fit as he has been injured.

James Wright

We need a reserve who will score decent points at home.

Simon Lambert is scoring well this season, and he rides Sheffield well so he would my first choice.

Ashley Morris is another we could consider.

Josh Bates       

Time to stop using Guests for Josh, if he is not coming back for the next meeting then we need to get in a new permanent Rising Star.

James Shanes would be my choice, would be capable of matching or bettering what Josh would be scoring.

If Shanes is not available then how about bringing in Dan Thompson.  

Jack rode today and got 9 points so he should be back unless he has a relapse. I think Shanes would be best RS option and that position needs sorting ASAP. If Jack moves upto number 1 Bachelor to 3 or 4 that might take pressure off him and give him another couple of meetings to improve. It’s a bit of a conundrum 

Would Kye Thompson from Edinburgh fit instead of Wright?

Looked good in the two matches for Edinburgh this weekend, very much in the Josh Pickering mould, 

Edited by The Third Man

13 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Maybe not nicki Steve but maybe someone from a polish team that's not in the play offs if you get where I'm coming from? 

Possibly yea, good call. Although might be too late to make a difference to make the top 4 tho?

33 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Would Kye Thompson from Edinburgh fit instead of Wright?

Looked good in the two matches for Edinburgh this weekend, very much in the Josh Pickering mould, 

Is he non British, and therefore have a minimum 4 average?  If so would he fit the points limit?

8 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Is he non British, and therefore have a minimum 4 average?  If so would he fit the points limit?

Yes he would, so would need to be tied into gettng a replacement for Batchelor

Just seen that Josh Bates named as reserve for British final. Presume therefore that he will be back.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:16 AM, stevebrum said:

Possibly yea, good call. Although might be too late to make a difference to make the top 4 tho?

Why will they not make top 4? They have plenty of meetings in hand over Ipswich 

On 7/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, spin king said:

Troy Batchelor

Forget , the likes of Nicki Pedersen won't be available until the Polish play offs start, and to be honest we cannot wait that long.

Forget Vacilik, his Polish club will make the Play offs and he GP commitments and won't want to ride in the UK.

James Wright

Simon Lambert is scoring well this season, and he rides Sheffield well so he would my first choice.

Ashley Morris is another we could consider.

Pedersen's competitive Ekstraliga season is over,  Grudziadz will surely be relegated.
If Vaculik is riding anywhere except Ekstraliga I've not noticed, Gorzow have had no issue with Zmarzlik & Wozniak riding in Elitserien.
How deep are Sheffield Pockets?
Haven't noticed Lamberts scores so can't be doing that much better than I'd have thought, Morris has not been great for Brummies on comeback from injury.
As for Bates replacement, is Shanes eligible?  He hasn't been great for Brummies either!  Kemp & Rowe as rolling guests is your best option.

In truth you might make the playoffs with that team but Wolves, Aces & Panthers, whoever Tigers face will not have problem in the semi. Do you wanna win the league or make the 66.7% are in end of season party?

Replace Bates with Shanes, if he will come

Replace Wright with Kye Thompson from Edinburgh, he was at Sheffield with Josh Pickering last Thursday anyway

Replace Batchelor with anyone that fits after that, about 7.2 or thereabouts, who ever it is cant be worse, they only have to score more than 4 or 5 at home to outscore Batchelor 

We would at least have riders who will try, and can pass, if the track allows them to

Edited by The Third Man

30 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Replace Bates with Shanes, if he will come

Replace Wright with Kye Thompson from Edinburgh, he was at Sheffield with Josh Pickering last Thursday anyway

Replace Batchelor with anyone that fits after that, about 7.2 or thereabouts, who ever it is cant be worse, they only have to score more than 4 or 5 at home to outscore Batchelor 

We would at least have riders who will try, and can pass, if the track allows them to

I find the most annoying thing is that there is no visible effort from Troy, there is more effort in one race from Josh Pickering than we have seen all season from Troy

He's always been that type of rider though in my view. If he comes out of bend 2 in front he can be fast, if he doesn't, he isn't and looks as if he's not interested. Confidence is a funny old thing. 

Where else is Batch riding though? If it is just for Sheffield then that is not enough to keep you match fit! Let's hope he is signing for Kent! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

Batch is riding only for Sheffield.

He has stated that he is having problems with the bike and not feeling right on the bike.

And I do have degree of sympathy for him.

But in the past we have had riders who have suffered loss of form, and they are back on the track after the meeting trying to sort any problems they have.

From what I have seen so far this season he has a bad meeting packs the bikes away as soon as he finished.

No sign of him going for an after meeting spin to try and sort out his problems.