British Speedway Forum

With the Bates owning Leicester he could practice there all day long I’m sure there would be a couple of young brits who would share the track with him. They could have some gating practice, he could give them a start and chase them down and check out any bike problems at the same time. I appreciate it’s not like the pressure of a proper meeting but at least it’s bike time he claims he’s missing. I’m hoping when Jack goes to number 1 Bachelor don’t feel the pressure as much and can relax a bit and hopefully his scores improve. 

Stefan Nielsen replaces James Wright. Two riders have now been dropped by the Tigers. The two, who, in my opinion, have been the biggest disappointment have kept their team place.

35 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Stefan Nielsen replaces James Wright. Two riders have now been dropped by the Tigers. The two, who, in my opinion, have been the biggest disappointment have kept their team place.

I think they will be replaced in the near future if results don’t improve. It’s up to bachelor now riding at 3 with less pressure. If he can’t produce now then he will have to go. I’d give him 3 meetings to get sorted. Nielsen has top flight experience so should be a good move

If Batch can't rack up a good few points, to put one up Buster on Monday, then when can he. We will have to see.

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I think they will be replaced in the near future if results don’t improve. It’s up to bachelor now riding at 3 with less pressure. If he can’t produce now then he will have to go. I’d give him 3 meetings to get sorted. Nielsen has top flight experience so should be a good move

If we have another three defeats, could be too late. A good replacement for Batchelor now harder to find with his lower average. 

Now Batchelor signed for Kent, be interesting to note his scores, considering the speculation about him deliberately reducing his average.

Yes I understand what your saying but hopefully Nielsen can rack up a few more points than Wright  did. Didn’t he ride for Ipswich previously so could be useful on Thursday. In the meantime Bachelor might be feeling a bit happier with himself now he’s got some more meetings to look forward to and with dropping down to no3 he might relax a bit more on the bike and bang some big scores in which he’s well capable of 

7 minutes ago, RS50 said:

If we have another three defeats, could be too late. A good replacement for Batchelor now harder to find with his lower average. 

Now Batchelor signed for Kent, be interesting to note his scores, considering the speculation about him deliberately reducing his average.

Finding a replacement for Batch is easier said than done, there is no one apart from maybe Rohan Tungate (Dropped by his Polish club but not a consistent performer.) a possible replacement.

There will be riders that will come available when riders that ride for Polish clubs that are not going to make the Play Offs and racing in GP series maybe be prepared to come over and act as replacement for Batch.

These riders will come available after the last fixture due to ridden between 20th to 22nd August.

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Holder  

Kenneth Bjerre

Are riders could well be ready and willing to come over and ride for the club.

16 minutes ago, spin king said:

Finding a replacement for Batch is easier said than done, there is no one apart from maybe Rohan Tungate (Dropped by his Polish club but not a consistent performer.) a possible replacement.

There will be riders that will come available when riders that ride for Polish clubs that are not going to make the Play Offs and racing in GP series maybe be prepared to come over and act as replacement for Batch.

These riders will come available after the last fixture due to ridden between 20th to 22nd August.

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Holder  

Kenneth Bjerre

Isn't there still a cut off date when no changes can be made like in previous years?

4 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Isn't there still a cut off date when no changes can be made like in previous years?

I am sure I read at the start of this season that they were cancelling the cut off for signing and changes.

4 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

James Wright out, Stefan Nielsen in, confirmed on SpeedwayGb

Thoughts ?

be nice to see some loyalty, not just at Sheffield

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Personally think it is a case of Batch not riding enough to get any good form going than dropping his average.

54 minutes ago, spin king said:

Nicki Pedersen

Chris Holder  

Kenneth Bjerre

Chris Holder being the most realistic choice! However it depends how good friends he is with Batch, might break the friend code taking his job!