British Speedway Forum

On 9/2/2021 at 4:21 PM, lisa-colette said:

They did claim it on twitter especially Lakeside and Swindon! Was quite funny ;)

I claimed a bit of responsibility too ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I claimed a bit of responsibility too ! 

You're allowed! :D;)

Just looking at when the outstanding home match v Kings Lynn may be, and as far as I can see, there isn't either a Monday or Thursday, between now and the date the play offs are due to begin, when one of the teams does not already have a match. Not sure what the solution to this is.

Ironically, if the match is not staged, then the chance of Kings Lynn finishing above Sheffield goes from unlikely to impossible.

10 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Just looking at when the outstanding home match v Kings Lynn may be, and as far as I can see, there isn't either a Monday or Thursday, between now and the date the play offs are due to begin, when one of the teams does not already have a match. Not sure what the solution to this is.

Ironically, if the match is not staged, then the chance of Kings Lynn finishing above Sheffield goes from unlikely to impossible.

No incentive for Sheffield to agree to any date then...

They did claim it on twitter especially Lakeside and Swindon! Was quite funny ;)

Think it's particularly fair Swindon claim the majority out of his clubs...2 league titles and would had been riding for us if it wasn't for the two evils of Covid and Clark Osbourne! 

• Like 2

Yeah, it must be hilarious when fans that no longer have a club to support still show an interest in the riders that rode for them.

34 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Think it's particularly fair Swindon claim the majority out of his clubs...2 league titles and would had been riding for us if it wasn't for the two evils of Covid and Clark Osbourne! 

Well yes, I don't have a problem with anyone claiming responsibility. I think Lakeside were the first and then Swindon and then all the clubs Adam has ever rode for did too. Not sure if the Poole official twitter account did but Poole fans did too. It was a big bandwagon with all these clubs jumping on!

27 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Yeah, it must be hilarious when fans that no longer have a club to support still show an interest in the riders that rode for them.

Swindon are still there, they haven't closed yet have they? Plus I just said the first two clubs that did it and one of them was Swindon. And then a pretty big bandwagon was jumped on. If I named all the clubs I'd be doing it all day!

You just maybe need to chill a bit it has nothing to do with laughing at Swindon, just funny how quickly everyone jumped on to the bandwagon! I also said Lakeside but has nothing to do with them closing either.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No incentive for Sheffield to agree to any date then...

What's wrong with a Tuesday or a Wednesday.

40 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Riss,Lawson,Batchelor,Hume don't they ride for Championship clubs on those days.Plus many other riders double up and could be riding on those days.

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

18 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Riss,Lawson,Batchelor,Hume don't they ride for Championship clubs on those days.Plus many other riders double up and could be riding on those days.

Where there's a will there's a way.....

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

Greyhound racing at Owlerton on Tuesday.

i reckon sheffield  could pitch this title from wolves or panthers just a thought 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Poole aren't riding on Weds 15th as that was supposed to be vs Eastbourne, and unlikely to put anything else there like a KOC SF for example as Ben Basso has a Danish playoff final that evening.

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Where there's a will there's a way.....

If they decide to ride when the riders are at their Championship meetings then Sheffield and KL will have to use guests, or a no8, 9, 10, 11;) No way should championship clubs give in to a prem nothing meeting! Every meeting counts for the Championship top 6 atm.

37 minutes ago, ray c said:

i reckon sheffield  could pitch this title from wolves or panthers just a thought 

Potentially it's there but Wolves look pretty strong to me!