British Speedway Forum

If finishing top I wonder whether Wolves would pick Sheffield for the semi finals.

3 minutes ago, 847084 said:

If finishing top I wonder whether Wolves would pick Sheffield for the semi finals.

Belle Vue I would imagine.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Riss,Lawson,Batchelor,Hume don't they ride for Championship clubs on those days.Plus many other riders double up and could be riding on those days.

Sunday it is then

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole aren't riding on Weds 15th as that was supposed to be vs Eastbourne, and unlikely to put anything else there like a KOC SF for example as Ben Basso has a Danish playoff final that evening.

Birmingham and Edinburgh are though

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well yes, I don't have a problem with anyone claiming responsibility. I think Lakeside were the first and then Swindon and then all the clubs Adam has ever rode for did too. Not sure if the Poole official twitter account did but Poole fans did too. It was a big bandwagon with all these clubs jumping on!

Swindon are still there, they haven't closed yet have they?Ā Plus I just said the first two clubs that did it and one of them was Swindon. And then a pretty big bandwagon was jumped on. If I named all the clubs I'd be doing it all day!

You just maybe need to chill a bit it has nothing to do with laughing at Swindon, just funny how quickly everyone jumped on to the bandwagon!Ā I also said Lakeside but has nothing to do with them closing either.

I think Sheffield have the biggest claim towards Adamā€™s success at the British champs as we are his current premiership club. Heā€™s been here all season not rode at Swindon for 2 years (Hopefully they will be back) and heā€™s done a few meetings at 2 nd division Scunthorpe where his average is not very high for a rider of his status so obviously uses them for a bit of spending money.Ā 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

i reckon sheffieldĀ  could pitch this title from wolves or panthers just a thoughtĀ 

I think thereā€™s more chance of me winning the lottery lol . Losing Nielsen a big blow and I just think Batchelor can t ride the track at SheffieldĀ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sheffield wonā€™t win play offs because of 2 things. Injury to Nielsen and Bachelor isnā€™t bothered Ā  He couldnā€™t put much less effort in on track to be honest. He keeps backing off at first bend !!! I donā€™t understand how he can beat the same riders in the championship yet not in the premiership.Ā 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TINYS said:

Sunday it is then

Riders missing from both sides on the next 3 Sundays.

46 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Sheffield wonā€™t win play offs because of 2 things. Injury to Nielsen and Bachelor isnā€™t bothered Ā  He couldnā€™t put much less effort in on track to be honest. He keeps backing off at first bend !!! I donā€™t understand how he can beat the same riders in the championship yet not in the premiership.Ā 

Not just Batch though, BV fans prob thinking the same about Steve Worrall, though he did better at Sheffield for them, so his prem form might start to pick up a bit now.

Edited by lisa-colette

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Riders missing from both sides on the next 3 Sundays.

Sheffield and KL will just have to do without certain riders if they want it doneĀ before playoffs, or start at half 6 and do a double header!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Sheffield and KL will just have to do without certain riders if they want it doneĀ before playoffs, or start at half 6 and do a double header!

Let's do a double header, and while we are at it, also catch up on the outstanding Premier Junior matches. Should be a good long night.Ā 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Anything said about how long Nielsen will be out for?

I would think his season will be overĀ