British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

the team cant afford to carry him, what is the point of qualifying for the play offs if you know you have lost before they start

Perhaps the sport could adopt Bullseye rules - if you dont think its worth giving it go then the next team down gets a chance.....;):P

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 9:29 AM, archie21 said:

The talk in the bar on Thursday after  the meeting  was that Troy has been or is been changed for Chris Holder after Chris rides in Toruns last meeting at the weekend. Turin can not get into the play offs and as such becomes available!!!

Will he be riding at Sheffield with bro Jack ???

I presume any changes would have to be declared by now for inclusion for the Kings Lynn match.

Looks like we are stuck with Batchelor, any signing from Polish league should have been announced by now

oh well, that should make us everyone's fist pick in the playoffs, if we get there

4 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Thought polish league finished next weekend so we can sign a rider next week 

Liga 1 finished the regular season this weekend just gone.

Ekstraliga will finish the regular season this coming weekend.

Obviously only teams that are not involved in the play offs are finishing at those times.

I have no inside knowledge on what’s going on with Troy but there’s got to be more to this than him simply not trying. He’s been incredibly tentative all year and that’s not the same as simply not trying. Not for the first time last week he got himself into a decent position in one heat but he couldn’t bring himself to drop it onto the visiting rider and block his run. At Kings Lynn I saw him ride like he didn’t know the track, at Peterborough he was miles off the pace, as he has been at Sheffield for the most part, at Wolverhampton he was rapid out of the gate and got stuck in, and he’s scoring points for Kent - as he should do. My point is, you can’t say it’s definitely rustiness, or confidence, his personal life, or his equipment. It could be all the above, but I genuinely don’t think it’s that he simply can’t be arsed. I actually hope we stick with him for the rest of the season and he gets his mojo back and comes back strong for us next season. I think he would agree he owes us one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Well done to Adam Ellis British Champion representing Sheffield tonight. Brilliant and well deserved 

Agreed 100%.

But I think Kyle Howarth deserves a mention too. He also represented (quite well I thought) your good selves and my temporary team in Leicester

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 6:55 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps the sport could adopt Bullseye rules - if you dont think its worth giving it go then the next team down gets a chance.....;):P

And here's what you could have won.......

Bully's star prize that was made in the Midlands - and the catchphrase that  Jim Bowen never said - Birmingham Live

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Looks like we are stuck with Batchelor, any signing from Polish league should have been announced by now

oh well, that should make us everyone's fist pick in the playoffs, if we get there

If they`re after Holder he`s still got one match to ride so he`s not free to be announced.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, False dawn said:

Agreed 100%.

But I think Kyle Howarth deserves a mention too. He also represented (quite well I thought) your good selves and my temporary team in Leicester

Kyle rode very well aswell. Shame he had the fall. He seems more aggressive this year and I think that might be because his shoulder is stronger and he’s not trying to protect it as much as he had previously. Hope both lads keep up their form for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mooose said:

I have no inside knowledge on what’s going on with Troy but there’s got to be more to this than him simply not trying. He’s been incredibly tentative all year and that’s not the same as simply not trying. Not for the first time last week he got himself into a decent position in one heat but he couldn’t bring himself to drop it onto the visiting rider and block his run. At Kings Lynn I saw him ride like he didn’t know the track, at Peterborough he was miles off the pace, as he has been at Sheffield for the most part, at Wolverhampton he was rapid out of the gate and got stuck in, and he’s scoring points for Kent - as he should do. My point is, you can’t say it’s definitely rustiness, or confidence, his personal life, or his equipment. It could be all the above, but I genuinely don’t think it’s that he simply can’t be arsed. I actually hope we stick with him for the rest of the season and he gets his mojo back and comes back strong for us next season. I think he would agree he owes us one. 

Trouble is he is doing well for Kent, so getting zero for Sheffield the other night was strange as the leagues are pretty close together now. I thought it was cos he got sacked. 

Bellego for Batch would be a good move, haven't heard much of Bellego lately where is he riding now ?

13 hours ago, Mooose said:

Nice sentiment, and I believe that if Batchelor and Bates both came back, and did what they are capable of, would have a great chance of winning the play offs. In reality, don't think we will see the best from either of them this year.