British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Charlieboy said:

I would think his season will be over 

Plus Poole are apparently trying to sign someone so you would have thought he's out for at least 4-6 weeks. Which is pretty much the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Belle Vue I would imagine.

Would Sheffield make more sense and hope that Belle Vue put Peterborough out? I wonder if the forthcoming home match v Peterborough might help to clarify the thinking (if Wolves finish top, which I would think likelier than not at the moment)?

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Plus Poole are apparently trying to sign someone so you would have thought he's out for at least 4-6 weeks. Which is pretty much the rest of the season.

Someone in the know on here says no more signings possible!!! 

7 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Someone in the know on here says no more signings possible!!! 

Yes I saw what Neil Watson said but then why are Poole trying to sign someone according to others on here? Maybe we will be submitting our new rules along with the signing shortly! ;)

Interesting to see what Sheffield do, I was waiting to see if they sign a replacement to know if we are allowed to as well!

Edited by lisa-colette

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes I saw what Neil Watson said but then why are Poole trying to sign someone according to others on here? Maybe we will be submitting our new rules along with the signing shortly! ;)

Interesting to see what Sheffield do, I was waiting to see if they sign a replacement to know if we are allowed to as well!

Possibly the transfer deadline does not apply to injured riders. I personally don't know.

54 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Possibly the transfer deadline does not apply to injured riders. I personally don't know.

Or rules don't apply to Poole and Sheffield or they make up new ones and somehow get others to agree

There must be some tasty compromising photos in certain people's possession ;):D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fourentee said:

Would Sheffield make more sense and hope that Belle Vue put Peterborough out? I wonder if the forthcoming home match v Peterborough might help to clarify the thinking (if Wolves finish top, which I would think likelier than not at the moment)?

That was exactly my thinking.

• Like 1

Sheffield may have a stronger case to replace Stefan as using guests once you get to the play-offs will be a nightmare in the Prem as you can only use a guest from a non-play-off team!!  (plus Sheffield have a man on the BSPL Management Committee so 'in the best interest of Speedway'!)

On 9/4/2021 at 3:06 PM, Charlieboy said:

Sheffield won’t win play offs because of 2 things. Injury to Nielsen and Bachelor isn’t bothered   He couldn’t put much less effort in on track to be honest. He keeps backing off at first bend !!! I don’t understand how he can beat the same riders in the championship yet not in the premiership. 

Strange one this with Batchelor looked a different class at Berwick on Saturday yet as you say can't beat the same rider sin the Premiership[

5 minutes ago, Normski said:

Strange one this with Batchelor looked a different class at Berwick on Saturday yet as you say can't beat the same rider sin the Premiership[

Same with Steve Worrall 

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sheffield may have a stronger case to replace Stefan as using guests once you get to the play-offs will be a nightmare in the Prem as you can only use a guest from a non-play-off team!!  (plus Sheffield have a man on the BSPL Management Committee so 'in the best interest of Speedway'!)

Can’t see that making a difference as there isn’t any 3.00 riders in Premiership they could use anyway, will be Championship riders.