British Speedway Forum

What's the usual start time now at Sheffield for Heat 1? The team so far could well attract extra fans from all around the country so Season Ticket sales should be up.

Personally I'm in Staffordshire and it would take 1 hour 45 mins to get over plus getting out of work at 5pm, so home for 5:30pm and then  anything up to 2 hours in evening traffic to get over to Sheffield would mean the earliest I'd arrive would be 7:30pm.

4 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Think it was Broc,s choice to join Wolves not Sheffield's.Probably, Becker had some influence in the decision.

Swop, Nicol for Howarth :blink:

Whoops, didn't see earlier post.

Edited by Beowulf

After announcing that top 4, any announcement involving Josh Bates and Ty Proctor would be a major disappointment.

Get Dimitri and Todd in a reserve, then whomever fits for the remaining second string slot

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

After announcing that top 4, any announcement involving Josh Bates and Ty Proctor would be a major disappointment.

Get Dimitri and Todd in a reserve, then whomever fits for the remaining second string slot

I wouldn't really want those two either - Josh gets injured too much and Ty has never really won the Tigers fans over, mainly because in his first spell he replaced a popular rider (Adam Roynon) and was obliged to prioritise Wolverhampton's fixtures ahead of Sheffield, was deported the following season, and then was hit and miss this last season. 

1 hour ago, Heathcote said:

Nick Morris would just fit along with those two.

With 13 and abit points for three rider, I'd go 7,3,3 and not worry about reserve strength!

2 hours ago, ChrisSimpson said:

What's the usual start time now at Sheffield for Heat 1? The team so far could well attract extra fans from all around the country so Season Ticket sales should be up.

Personally I'm in Staffordshire and it would take 1 hour 45 mins to get over plus getting out of work at 5pm, so home for 5:30pm and then  anything up to 2 hours in evening traffic to get over to Sheffield would mean the earliest I'd arrive would be 7:30pm.

Was 7.30, going back to 7.45 would be better as the dogs don't finish until after 6.

5 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Surprised David Bellego hasn’t been mentioned as a possible Tiger.

On an average of 5.80, would all leave us with 7.73 for the last two riders.

Todd or a rider we've been after in the past who went elsewhere for more money !!!, allegedly 

Edited by Charlieboy
Extended post

14 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Next rider being announced in the morning... place your bets!!

I would guess Todd Kurtz...

Although i think Todd has been a great 2nd string for us in the Championship, i think he would struggle in the Premiership; although would be delighted to be proved wrong. 

Looking at the points we have left, i would like to see Nick Morris, Berge and Wells.. All more than capable of increasing their average considerably.

At home Berge at reserve will pile the points up, Wells is a steal on a 4 in the hope that last season was a blip. Nick Morris is much better than his average suggests.

22 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Todd or a rider we've been after in the past who went elsewhere for more money !!!, allegedly 

Richard Lawson?

25 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Jake Allen?

Todd Kurtz is back

Would Josh Auty or  Claus Vissing be a better bet to Wells,Berge,Kurtz.At Swindon if we put young Rowe in i would be happy to be against the calibre of Berge , Wells, Kurtz. Todd i have seen guest a few times at Prem level and no way he is good anough.