British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Josh at championship level would be my pick over Todd, I’d agree. However the stats at Sheffield show Todd is better this season.

Thankfully, for Sheffield, there are a few weaker number 7s next season but still expect him to struggle away.

Likewise at Swindon we could be vulnerable away, i see Perks improving though and his average should go up.Jordan i really like looks like a real racer but to average five in a top five is a tough ask he might swap with Ellis Perks as the season goes along.

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Likewise at Swindon we could be vulnerable away, i see Perks improving though and his average should go up.Jordan i really like looks like a real racer but to average five in a top five is a tough ask he might swap with Ellis Perks as the season goes along.

Swindon have a look of the team to beat again next season already anyway but yes there are question marks over the bottom 3.

Ellis I thought was a NL standard rider only until this season when it proves that riding often really can help bring you along. Gonna be a huge task to step up even more to second string or senior reserve. Big ask imho.

As for Jordan, not seen him. Although his scores in the CL have improved. Looks a steady improver maybe in the mould of Douglas? Well worth the gamble I’d say.

Rowe would appear out of his depth but he has made significant improvement in the CL and held done a second string role. Plus there are on paper equally weak number 7s. Again probably worth the gamble I’d say.

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Championship stats tell a different story Steve and dont forget Todd was released at Somerset.!!!All about opinion's and we shall see if the Sheffield reserves contribute anough home and away.

Championship stats show Josh Auty no 1 atScunthorpe and Todd Kurtz 2 points on average worse than Josh and only a second string .So not much to compare.The stats say Josh is the better rider but on track Todd is a better gater and riding at reserve would be expected to get points round owlerton and occasionally away.Josh is spectacular round Sheffield but he would only be on par with Todd away.We can only speculate as other teams are not complete.If Douglas and Allen start at reserve then they will average a lot more than Todd.If you want to compare riders it should be Todd and Jordan Stewart who is quite good round Sheffield.

Hopefully putting the Auty v Kurtz to bed here a couple facts and stats

Fact 

Josh has clearly stated that he has no interest in riding in the Premiership, it would appear that he has found his limit and his contented to stick with Scunthorpe 

Out of all of the riders in the Championship who finished as the teams number 1 rider Josh had lowest away average, and the difference between home and away averages  he had the second highest difference.

Stats

Since Todd joined Sheffield Todd has raced Josh 8 times.

Of those 8 race Todd scored 13 points and Josh scored 10

Todd beat Josh on 6 of those 8 occasions.

And finally Todd is an asset of Sheffield speedway so loan fee require, and with the signing of Nicki Pedersen balancing the books could have come into play with bringing into the team.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spin king said:

Hopefully putting the Auty v Kurtz to bed here a couple facts and stats

Fact 

Josh has clearly stated that he has no interest in riding in the Premiership, it would appear that he has found his limit and his contented to stick with Scunthorpe 

Out of all of the riders in the Championship who finished as the teams number 1 rider Josh had lowest away average, and the difference between home and away averages  he had the second highest difference.

Stats

Since Todd joined Sheffield Todd has raced Josh 8 times.

Of those 8 race Todd scored 13 points and Josh scored 10

Todd beat Josh on 6 of those 8 occasions.

And finally Todd is an asset of Sheffield speedway so loan fee require, and with the signing of Nicki Pedersen balancing the books could have come into play with bringing into the team.  

Can’t argue with facts. 

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Can’t argue with facts. 

Ill bet you there will be a couple that will :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Ill bet you there will be a couple that will :rolleyes:

Oh yes!

18 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Championship stats show Josh Auty no 1 atScunthorpe and Todd Kurtz 2 points on average worse than Josh and only a second string .So not much to compare.The stats say Josh is the better rider but on track Todd is a better gater and riding at reserve would be expected to get points round owlerton and occasionally away.Josh is spectacular round Sheffield but he would only be on par with Todd away.We can only speculate as other teams are not complete.If Douglas and Allen start at reserve then they will average a lot more than Todd.If you want to compare riders it should be Todd and Jordan Stewart who is quite good round Sheffield.

A really good post and you are pretty spot on with your observation i was was beginning to think Auty had become an awful rider overnight at Owlerton.Your point about Stewart is a good one Pickering, Etheridge also are two others who will compare to Todd.Spin king's point about Todd being an asset and a fan's favourite is a good one and this season it will be interesting to see how all the reserves perform.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A really good post and you are pretty spot on with your observation i was was beginning to think Auty had become an awful rider overnight at Owlerton.Your point about Stewart is a good one Pickering, Etheridge also are two others who will compare to Todd.Spin king's point about Todd being an asset and a fan's favourite is a good one and this season it will be interesting to see how all the reserves perform.

Spin king has done the stats on Auty v Kurtz at Sheffield (post not far above).

Kurtz is the better rider at Sheffield without question. :t:

9 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He hasnt become awful hes just not as good as Kurtz in the PL.. thats it really 

53 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

He still has that  Kurtz to prove though hasn't he ? as disappointing as Auty has been in his prem career Kurtz has yet to show he is at that  level even at reserve  but we will see.

4 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Does Todd have any experience in the top flight? If he has it’s very little. And nothing to write home about if so.

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Does Todd have any experience in the top flight? If he has it’s very little. And nothing to write home about if so.

Rode for Leicester 2018, 10 matches averaging around 3 and a half. Josh Auty also rode for Leicester and averaged over a point more. 

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

2012 Steve he had thirteen matches for Poole and was then replaced average 3.17. I have seen him guest a few times at Premiership level since and he has shown nothing to suggest he is at that level now.He is good at Owlerton so maybe he could get some confidence at home and take that away.My interest really was comparing other reserves to ours at Swindon who will be  Perks/ Rowe.