British Speedway Forum

Will be a shame was hoping to see Josh at Sheffield again, hopefully next season if this isn't possible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

£202 a point....

And that's reduced rates...

Still "not bad" is it?

Kurtz earned 120K for leszno last year and made 30k profit if that translates. So might be only taking 50ish home a point. 1 meeting a week not making that much. 

From the Sheffield web site

SHEFFIELD co-owner Damien Bates is remaining positive and upbeat about prospects for racing next month – and is far from ready to throw in the towel.

Bates admits there are still hurdles to overcome before seeing the Tigers on track, but news of Stock Car racing going ahead later this month at Ipswich with a crowd in attendance has lifted hopes.

Said Bates: “I’m a realist and a restart will never be straightforward, but I’m certainly hopeful and more optimistic now than I have been for a few weeks.

“It feels like there is genuine light at the end of the tunnel, and I can assure everyone my colleagues on the board of the British Speedway Promoters Ltd are working around the clock to offer some sort of league season for our fans.

“I must emphasise at no stage have we ever lost sight of the fact that the health and safety of our supporters, sponsors and track staff is of paramount importance, but I believe there is a way we can make this season happen.”

If the news of Newcastle closing because of the COVID threat to the dogs running then surely all stadiums that stage dog racing are under the same threat?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 8:14 PM, KeirStarmerFan said:

I hope Nicki is not on a fixed fee.

He is in very poor form.

Nicki will have no problem with 95% of Premier League on the form he is showing.(if track conditions are perfect:P)

You have to feel that Pedersen maybe looking at the future now. His league form has dropped off alarmingly after his first couple of meetings and he is hardly getting younger. Combine that with the Corona Virus and potential uncertainty of the sport for the next few seasons and you can hardly blame him.

Shame as after seeing him in his first few meetings he looked as keen and sharp as ever.

After all the injuries he has had, it would be good to see him walk away as one of this eras best riders, with a huge bank balance and full health. Like him or hate him, he has been absolutely superb during the last 20 years and his one world title (07?) was as dominant a world title winning season as you'll ever see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

You have to feel that Pedersen maybe looking at the future now. His league form has dropped off alarmingly after his first couple of meetings and he is hardly getting younger. Combine that with the Corona Virus and potential uncertainty of the sport for the next few seasons and you can hardly blame him.

Shame as after seeing him in his first few meetings he looked as keen and sharp as ever.

After all the injuries he has had, it would be good to see him walk away as one of this eras best riders, with a huge bank balance and full health. Like him or hate him, he has been absolutely superb during the last 20 years and his one world title (07?) was as dominant a world title winning season as you'll ever see.

It wouldn't surprise anyone to see him continue to do well in the SEC though, regardless of league racing form..

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

Like you say, like him or loathe him he has been box Office for a great number of years.

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Like you say, like him or loathe him he has been box Office for a great number of years.

Yep , and has undoubtedly pulled off some silly moves over the years but the GPs are worse off without him and the sport as a whole will be when he decides to hang up his kevlars. 

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Eh? He is a triple World Champion (03, 07 & 08)

Just now, IronScorpion said:

Eh? He is a triple World Champion (03, 07 & 08)

I meant one of the seasons he won it .

Thought you might have:D just not what you typed.

Just putting you right, just in case. :t: