British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

As I’ve said previously, riders could always choose to give Poland a miss and ride in Britain, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Czech.... with the money on offer in Poland, I bet they don’t though!

And you've also got the added complication with Covid that, like the current season just gone, the top league may decide to go with 'guests' again from the 2nd tier..

MJJ for example may be in high demand to be added to a top league team part way in to replace another rider, so then what would he do? 

Presume the only 'second league' he would be allowed to race in would be the 2nd tier in Poland.?

If a few other top (ish) names (who are top level heat leaders in the UK, Sweden Denmark etc), drop down in Poland, then they too may be faced with a dilemma whether to double up part way through the year or not if asked..

Risky for teams in these other countries to take these riders on without some real water tight 100% commitment to ride all season I would say..

16 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Poland doesn't have much use for EU law only when it does something for them 

As the Polish President said 'if the EU think they are going to tell us what to do they can think again'. 

That was something to do with an environmental issue I believe

Pretty much a stock reply from a net receiver from the EU, and I believe they are the largest recipients. Only to pleased to receive the millions from Germany, France and the UK( and others) over the years, and quick enough not to toe the line when it doesn't suit them. Expect a lot of parts of their stadia and roads to them have been part funded by us as well, still at least they can dictate speedway at our expense in more than one way! 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

And you've also got the added complication with Covid that, like the current season just gone, the top league may decide to go with 'guests' again from the 2nd tier..

MJJ for example may be in high demand to be added to a top league team part way in to replace another rider, so then what would he do? 

Presume the only 'second league' he would be allowed to race in would be the 2nd tier in Poland.?

If a few other top (ish) names (who are top level heat leaders in the UK, Sweden Denmark etc), drop down in Poland, then they too may be faced with a dilemma whether to double up part way through the year or not if asked..

Risky for teams in these other countries to take these riders on without some real water tight 100% commitment to ride all season I would say..

They have amended the guest rule for next year, so that they can only replace people who have returned a positive COVID test. I think from memory it is only juniors who can be used as oppose to anybody like we saw this year

• Like 1

Polish media are reporting today that Nicki Pedersen will ride in Poland and Denmark if the +1 league rules stands - ruling him out of Sheffield.

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Polish media are reporting today that Nicki Pedersen will ride in Poland and Denmark if the +1 league rules stands - ruling him out of Sheffield.

Danish riders have to ride in the Danish Leagues to be able to get the permission to ride in places like Poland, UK, Sweden, etc. Without the stars riding at home, it would be doubtful that speedway could continue in Denmark. It's a bit like respecting what you were given to make it where you are now.

• Like 4

Todd Kurtz retired from the sport

All the best

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Todd Kurtz retired from the sport

All the best

Destined never to be a top racer, but always a consistent and reliable second-string. Todd epitomizes the stuff of which speedway is 100% reliant: total commitment, fervent loyalty and a love for the sport on the basis of what he puts in rather than what he takes out.

Todd is one of speedway's nice guys and on that basis he'll be sadly missed. I wish him all the best for whatever life has in store for him in the future. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Destined never to be a top racer, but always a consistent and reliable second-string. Todd epitomizes the stuff of which speedway is 100% reliant: total commitment, fervent loyalty and a love for the sport on the basis of what he puts in rather than what he takes out.

Todd is one of speedway's nice guys and on that basis he'll be sadly missed. I wish him all the best for whatever life has in store for him in the future. 

Absolutely spot on,a terrific racer most of the time,dependable,loyal second string and all round nice chap,yes he would have done a good job in the premier League,thanks very much for the memories Todd,sadly missed and all the best for the future.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RS50 said:

Thanks and a merry Christmas from me.

Merry Xmas all tigers fans,here's hoping for some speedway next year.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:33 PM, Moranboys said:

Merry Xmas all tigers fans,here's hoping for some speedway next year.

And to do better than the football team!!! :blink:

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

And to do better than the football team!!! :blink:

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

Teams......!!!

I magine if you're a Weds or a United supporter there is only one team in Sheffield they want to do better.:)

On 11/15/2020 at 2:01 PM, Najjer said:

In these uncertain times I wonder what the Sheffield team is likely to be thing do start again

Nicki & Jack?    will they appear if the Poles get away with their rule?

Josh                   is he going to ride in the UK?

Todd we know has retired.

I worry about the strength when all this is finally cleared up.