British Speedway Forum

I, for one, are delighted that Sheffield have moved up a league and will look forward to popping over to Sheffield next year supporting the Aces. It will certainly bring back memories of the what I call golden speedway yesteryears, before the Fords and Russells etc etc ruined this great sport.

• Like 4

Just now, The Third Man said:

That is really good news

Totally agreed

Full time track curator? Has he quit BV? Who get's preference if we're both at home on the same night?

1 hour ago, bendover said:

Track curators now doubling up:D

Who gets priority on any clashes? 

And will the other team be allowed a guest curator or will they need to run CR (curator replacement)?

Presume if they are allowed a guest curator the replacement will be allowed to do up to 5% more laps of the track grading and watering than the curator he is replacing?..  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, squall said:

Full time track curator? Has he quit BV? Who get's preference if we're both at home on the same night?

He will be doing both...

Any clash would be quite rare I would imagine..

Still, I think it would be better to have 100 or so regulations, sub regulations and sub, sub regulations, written out for any such eventuality...

Just in case..

:D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, squall said:

He is doing both, You riding Thursday and us if FRN sticks Mondays, so plenty of time to do both

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

He is doing both, You riding Thursday and us if FRN sticks Mondays, so plenty of time to do both

You rode some Thursdays this season. Just wondering who get's the short straw if that happens.

1 hour ago, squall said:

You rode some Thursdays this season. Just wondering who get's the short straw if that happens.

I dont think we will ever ride on the same night. I dont think thsgs allowed.

Isn't theresa rule that 2 clubs within a certain mile radius cant ride on same night???

57 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I dont think we will ever ride on the same night. I dont think thsgs allowed.

Isn't theresa rule that 2 clubs within a certain mile radius cant ride on same night???

No there isn't, this year Kings Lynn and Ipswich had home meetings on the same night, as did Poole and Swimdon

Edited by Call me wolfie

35 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

No there isn't, this year Kings Lynn and Ipswich had home meetings on the same night, as did Poole and Swimdon

But they would both be about 70 miles apart

I thought the distance quoted was 35 miles where a promotion can claim 'protection of interests' and object to another club  (full stop and not just sharing a race night)

"I thought the distance quoted was 35 miles where a promotion can claim 'protection of interests' and object to another club  (full stop and not just sharing a race night) "

Personally I thought it as 30 miles, either way reckon Belle Vue would welcome the local derbies....

• Like 1