British Speedway Forum

Clearly Sheffield have plans in place im assuming if they've released Lawson but question marks on Josh? 

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Won't sports people get like a travel corridor or something?Genuine question.Footballers will be travelling all over the place in the middle of February for Champions/Europa league.

The Aussie riders didnt when they got back over there..

And nor did the Aussie Open Tennis players..

And mainland Europe hasn't been impacted too severely with quarantining yet, but given the issues getting so many vaccinated, it soon surely will be..

No point getting every person at reasonable risk and above, vaccinated over here, (with vaccines remember that we only "think" work given how quick it was developed, and the way a virus mutates to stay 'alive') when someone can still come in from abroad and keep the virus (or a mutant one) within us..

18 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Won't sports people get like a travel corridor or something?Genuine question.Footballers will be travelling all over the place in the middle of February for Champions/Europa league.

Big financial differences between the two although high level team sports join a bubble and remain within it throughout travels etc. Individuals however will end up like the Tennis players in Aus at present i suspect. It could work if the same 7 riders rode for the same team in Poland, England and Sweden but as its all such a mish mash i fear all the Uk will see is UK based riders.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the football players get tested very reguarly (like every few days)?

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the football players get tested very reguarly (like every few days)?

I get tested twice a week at my job in a special needs school. We have remained open throughout. Luckily i had my first jab yesterday as part of the process.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, hyderd said:

OK I'm asking.

He's already told us, seen today the thread he started on 23rd December about "The great reset" and 'the end of speedway'. Obviously didn't get the response required, so decided to try again on this thread when the opportunity arose! Apparently the husband of my niece also subscribes to this conspiracy (not the end of speedway bit, he's not a fan) and also is a believer in the U.S. being responsible for 9/11, the Royal family being reptile like aliens who drink infants blood and that the earth is flat! My brother-in-law is very concerned for his two young grand daughters!

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

He's already told us, seen today the thread he started on 23rd December about "The great reset" and 'the end of speedway'. Obviously didn't get the response required, so decided to try again on this thread when the opportunity arose! Apparently the husband of my niece also subscribes to this conspiracy (not the end of speedway bit, he's not a fan) and also is a believer in the U.S. being responsible for 9/11, the Royal family being reptile like aliens who drink infants blood and that the earth is flat! My brother-in-law is very concerned for his two young grand daughters!

The technical and medical term for this type of person is a.......

""LOON"...

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

correct proffesional sports people will be available to travel and they will have been tested at the sport they are involved in !!

Edited by GAH

On 1/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, tellboy said:

They are tested regularly plus football people’s travelling around Europe are usually flying on their own private planes - not on easyJet or ryanAir flights with Joe public.

There is also currently a debate going on about moving Arsenal’s next match in Europe in Portugal from that county to avoid large isolation and quarantine upon their return. I know that Portugal is no longer on the travel list but it just shows that footballers still have to adhere to this.

23 minutes ago, Najjer said:

They are tested regularly plus football people’s travelling around Europe are usually flying on their own private planes - not on easyJet or ryanAir flights with Joe public.

There is also currently a debate going on about moving Arsenal’s next match in Europe in Portugal from that county to avoid large isolation and quarantine upon their return. I know that Portugal is no longer on the travel list but it just shows that footballers still have to adhere to this.

And in addition lower league football teams have been complaining about the cost of all these regular tests (and that's before you start crossing borders). Who's going to pay for testing speedway riders?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arnieg said:

And in addition lower league football teams have been complaining about the cost of all these regular tests (and that's before you start crossing borders). Who's going to pay for testing speedway riders?

Do you have to pay for tests in the uk ? 

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

No.

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

I believe if you are travelling abroad you may need to, professional sports certainly bare the cost of testing.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12175588/coronavirus-all-72-efl-clubs-to-undergo-mandatory-testing-next-week

I was wondering about this the other day, because when they talked about Tuchel going to Chelsea, they were wondering whether he had to quarantine. And it seems he didn't, as he was straight on the training ground and then at his first game

6 hours ago, iris123 said:

I was wondering about this the other day, because when they talked about Tuchel going to Chelsea, they were wondering whether he had to quarantine. And it seems he didn't, as he was straight on the training ground and then at his first game

He had to quarantine but under FA rules had permission to join Chelsea's bubble as he tested negative before flying into the country. So basically he was allowed into the training ground and stadium but nowhere else 

• Like 1