British Speedway Forum

I'm led to believe it's South Australia , but haven't spoken to Josh since Xmas, don't usually talk about work

Well known here that people fly interstate for mining work and plenty of money in it too.  

I do hope Jack and Chris Holder are ok after they have proved positive for COVID in Poland. Poland is increasing the numbers proving positive and I hope that will not upset teams in this country having riders riding in Poland. Both Are showing no symptoms so hope it stays so.

36 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

I do hope Jack and Chris Holder are ok after they have proved positive for COVID in Poland. Poland is increasing the numbers proving positive and I hope that will not upset teams in this country having riders riding in Poland. Both Are showing no symptoms so hope it stays so.

They had a positive PCR test, it doesn't mean they have an infectious disease or the Kung Flu...:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherborne Green said:

Thats a heckova birthday gift for Jack!!!

Today wouldve been perfect to announce Josh Bates as the rising star. - PR opportunity missed ;)

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Today wouldve been perfect to announce Josh Bates as the rising star. - PR opportunity missed ;)

:D

Tai Woffinden would have been better..

Although given the way the rules over the years have got changed and adapted to suit any scenario, often at a moments notice, it may not have even registered as ridiculous...

We would have just assumed it would have fallen under the "In the interests of Speedway" 'rule'...:D

• Like 2

If anyone has noted the Tigers fixtures in their diaries, from the original fixture list, please re-check the fixtures as there have been some changes.

I do wish the management would put an announcement notice on their website/facebook pages when they do this. If fans have made any arrangements, they can start thinking about alternatives.

Would also be nice if an explanation for the changes was given. I understand the need for any fixtures prior to 17th May, but not the others. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ShyTalk said:

If anyone has noted the Tigers fixtures in their diaries, from the original fixture list, please re-check the fixtures as there have been some changes.

I do wish the management would put an announcement notice on their website/facebook pages when they do this. If fans have made any arrangements, they can start thinking about alternatives.

Would also be nice if an explanation for the changes was given. I understand the need for any fixtures prior to 17th May, but not the others. 

Maybe something to do with the TV deal ? 

3 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.38719

Just been reading about Jack Holder's reasons and desire to race for Sheffield  and give Sweden a miss. He also said he was concerned that flying between countries might cause problems. If these should occur I would like to think that due to such current circumstances the powers that be would allow teams to use RR and not force them to bring in say a 6 point BCL rider.

7 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Just been reading about Jack Holder's reasons and desire to race for Sheffield  and give Sweden a miss. He also said he was concerned that flying between countries might cause problems. If these should occur I would like to think that due to such current circumstances the powers that be would allow teams to use RR and not force them to bring in say a 6 point BCL rider.

That would mean a change in the rule book and is not likely to happen. It’s no different to the old ‘ broke down en route ‘  fiasco certain riders and promoters have used in the past for absent riders. They sign a contract to say they will be available ( unless injured ) the travel issues are the riders concern .

Cannot  see a viable solution to riders travelling across Europe in the next few months.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, topaz325 said:

Cannot  see a viable solution to riders travelling across Europe in the next few months.

I would be incredibly surprised, if Kasper Anderson, was the only work permit/ visa casualty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I would be incredibly surprised, if Kasper Anderson, was the only work permit/ visa casualty.

Why isn't Vissing riding.Is it the same issue?