British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, BobC said:

Both Stefan and Danyon have worked very hard for Poole this season. Sheer hard graft from both of them. Look after them, please.

Confused, has Hume replaced Bates.  

Just now, Col said:

Guesting on Thursday

32 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Guesting on Thursday

And tomorrow. 

39 minutes ago, Col said:

No. He is guesting for Sheffield on Mon and Thurs this week. 

I think it's a shame James Shane's hasn't been handed Sheffield's "rising star" berth, at his age / experience it must be his last season on the list?

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

Maybe he doesn’t want to ride for us again? Did it end on amicable terms?

It'd be risky to hold a grudge as there's only 6 clubs to race for in the Prem!

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think it's a shame James Shane's hasn't been handed Sheffield's "rising star" berth, at his age / experience it must be his last season on the list?

Been thinking the same for a few weeks now, its fairly obvious Bates isn't coming back and Shanes knows the track

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Been thinking the same for a few weeks now, its fairly obvious Bates isn't coming back and Shanes knows the track

Agree totally, and recent interview Steady more or less hinted that Josh was not coming back anytime soon.

For me James Shanes is the best out there available to take on the roles.

But whether it is James Shanes or another rider, we need to get a rider in to replace to give a settled side.

The alterative is that we continue to  use available Guest riders and finish up using the likes of Kyle Bickley who is frankly not the answer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Third Man said:

This is where the system is wrong, not blaming Sheffield, it’s been obvious for a long time he isn’t coming back, they should be forced to replace him

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Hume did well last night. He was in the pace and got a couple of points. See how he goes on Thursday 

Was he unlucky in one race Charlie? where Adam fell which cost Danyon points…? I think with the tracks that are in the prem he would be a better option than James,  and i liked James even though his spell at Swindon didn’t work out.Maybe it is much to soon for Hume but one thing is he is is a racer and he can pop out the gate in races when you expect him to get nothing.

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Was he unlucky in one race Charlie? where Adam fell which cost Danyon points…? I think with the tracks that are in the prem he would be a better option than James,  and i liked James even though his spell at Swindon didn’t work out.Maybe it is much to soon for Hume but one thing is he is is a racer and he can pop out the gate in races when you expect him to get nothing.

Yes that’s what I noticed last night. When you support any team in any sport the minimum requirement you want from your team is effort and he didn’t disappoint. He put his heart and sole into his racing not like someone else in the team. Supporters work hard for their money and when I go and support my team I expect 100% effort. We’ve had some good young lads guest for Bates ( Rowe Brennan and Hume ) have give their all and deserve to be given their chance   At least they generally stay upright for 4 laps 

1 minute ago, Charlieboy said:

Yes that’s what I noticed last night. When you support any team in any sport the minimum requirement you want from your team is effort and he didn’t disappoint. He put his heart and sole into his racing not like someone else in the team. Supporters work hard for their money and when I go and support my team I expect 100% effort. We’ve had some good young lads guest for Bates ( Rowe Brennan and Hume ) have give their all and deserve to be given their chance   At least they generally stay upright for 4 laps 

The three you named Charlie ; touch wood all of them will all go on and progress in there career.I like all three of those lads.Brennan and Rowe i have followed ever since there mini track appearances at Swindon .  Brennan was impressive in a few appearances for the Robins a couple of seasons ago Rowe has also made huge strides in a short amount of time.

There's a few options to replace Bates:

James Shanes, Dan Thompson, Alfie Bowtell, Nathan Greaves, Danyon Hume & Connor Bailey