British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Hume has rode well so far and deserves his chance. Bachelor smashing it again tonight for kent.  His attitude gets more questionable with every meeting. 

Maybe the riders do need regular track time and many like Troy thrive on racing but the U.K. scene is not conducive to likes of Troy and many others. Hit and miss meetings and without doubling up (which I am not a fan of) these guys are rusty and in the current climate travelling around Europe is not going to work. U K speedway could help every rider by being innovative by putting on meaningful sponsored individual meetings and the 4T T to give these guys track time. What we currently have is a formula that may have worked in normal times but that does not apply now.and the powers that be will never admit that they have failed the riders and the punters with their intransigence which is the core of the problem here in the UK. Don’t knock the riders blame the sport’s managers who sit on the top table

• Like 1

The changes we’ve made have been positive. I’d love bachelor to hit his Swindon form and I would like to keep this 7 together if he does but we can’t keep waiting for him to hit form. I think this Thursday he either shows up and performs or gets sacked   If all seven hit form at the same time I think we can beat wolves again 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Maybe the riders do need regular track time and many like Troy thrive on racing but the U.K. scene is not conducive to likes of Troy and many others. Hit and miss meetings and without doubling up (which I am not a fan of) these guys are rusty and in the current climate travelling around Europe is not going to work. U K speedway could help every rider by being innovative by putting on meaningful sponsored individual meetings and the 4T T to give these guys track time. What we currently have is a formula that may have worked in normal times but that does not apply now.and the powers that be will never admit that they have failed the riders and the punters with their intransigence which is the core of the problem here in the UK. Don’t knock the riders blame the sport’s managers who sit on the top table

British speedway is in a downward spiral thanks to the way it’s been run. I agree we should have had more meetings. Going without home meetings when the weather is fine is a joke. The sports managers don’t ride the bikes tho and as I’ve said in other posts bachelor can go and practice at Leicester any time as the Bates own it  I know it’s not the same as proper racing but he said he doesn’t feel comfortable on the bike so surely if you get an opportunity to have a blast you would take it as it’s his profession. I’ve watched him home and away this season and half his races he can’t be arsed. When he gates he looks class. All I ask as a paying fan is 100% effort  and when we have time off work to travel to support him I don’t think that’s a lot to ask. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

British speedway is in a downward spiral thanks to the way it’s been run. I agree we should have had more meetings. Going without home meetings when the weather is fine is a joke. The sports managers don’t ride the bikes tho and as I’ve said in other posts bachelor can go and practice at Leicester any time as the Bates own it  I know it’s not the same as proper racing but he said he doesn’t feel comfortable on the bike so surely if you get an opportunity to have a blast you would take it as it’s his profession. I’ve watched him home and away this season and half his races he can’t be arsed. When he gates he looks class. All I ask as a paying fan is 100% effort  and when we have time off work to travel to support him I don’t think that’s a lot to ask. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was trying to generalise the sad state that the sport finds itself in partly due to the lack of competitive track time. I was a regular week in week out up until around 2017/8 but the way it is run now I think twice before spending hard earned cash on second rate entertainment and until they do something different and really think about providing a decent nights racing, they can whistle.

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

See Batch topped scored for Kent with 12 again

And managed to pass another rider in one race! 

• Haha 1

He’s had a few meetings this last couple of weeks so he should be up to speed now or he might be tired !! Which mr bachelor will turn up tomorrow?? 

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

He’s had a few meetings this last couple of weeks so he should be up to speed now or he might be tired !! Which mr bachelor will turn up tomorrow?? 

Well the only 3 double figure scores he has had for us have all been against Wolverhampton, so you never know

Not holding my breath though

11 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

See Batch topped scored for Kent with 12 again

He needs to be careful...

Too much racing might impact his Sheffield scoring potential.. ..:D

The talk in the bar on Thursday after  the meeting  was that Troy has been or is been changed for Chris Holder after Chris rides in Toruns last meeting at the weekend. Turin can not get into the play offs and as such becomes available!!!

Will he be riding at Sheffield with bro Jack ???

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

The talk in the bar on Thursday after  the meeting  was that Troy has been or is been changed for Chris Holder after Chris rides in Toruns last meeting at the weekend. Turin can not get into the play offs and as such becomes available!!!

I hope so, something has to change,can't see him scoring three zero,s anywhere.

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

It’s been rumoured for last 2-3 weeks and he was in the pits at Kings Lynn   Apparently we’ve been after Nils Kristian Iversson but that’s fell through because of injury so looks a good chance he will be coming in. 

The story of Batch questioning a kid who wanted a photo is quite sad, his confidence must be shot to pieces to feel like that, maybe a sports psychologist would help him?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marko said:

The story of Batch questioning a kid who wanted a photo is quite sad, his confidence must be shot to pieces to feel like that, maybe a sports psychologist would help him?

I think it speaks volumes for where his head is probably at right now. Being low on confidence and taking abuse from some of your team’s fans is bound to have an impact on your performance.

The more I see and read, the more I don’t believe Batch is deliberately not trying. There is something clearly not right mentally and maybe fans showing some compassion and support would do more for his performances than constant negativity and abuse.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

I think it speaks volumes for where his head is probably at right now. Being low on confidence and taking abuse from some of your team’s fans is bound to have an impact on your performance.

The more I see and read, the more I don’t believe Batch is deliberately not trying. There is something clearly not right mentally and maybe fans showing some compassion and support would do more for his performances than constant negativity and abuse.

i don't know what is wrong with him, but he still needs dropping whatever the reason is

Sorry to sound hard but i cant show compassion if i don't know why he looks like he is not trying, and if people are paying £19 the least they deserve is 7 riders at least trying

the team cant afford to carry him, what is the point of qualifying for the play offs if you know you have lost before they start

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1