British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

Well. What thoughts regarding  the 2019 Champions as they set about defending their title? 
For me the number one priority is to get Stewart Dickson onboard with Perks & Douglas not far behind and assume Mountain given he is a Lion's asset. All three capable of increasing their averages next season which will be needed as it is safe to presume current team average total will fall well above what will be allowed for 2020?

Don't think Ryan will be with us if he is set on riding in Poland too ?

Ellis Perks has to be number 1 priority - only getting better

• Like 1

There is one rider, maybe two in the current side,  who I wouldn't touch with a 50-foot bargepole

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

There is one rider, maybe two in the current side,  who I wouldn't touch with a 50-foot bargepole

Do tell......

Not sure of the rules for next year of having just the one rider or more over 8.00 GSA ? If we are bale to have two then I would personally like to see both Scott Nicholls and Richard Lawson as our twin spearhead for next season, keep Ellis Perks and try and have Danyon Hume & Joe Lawlor at reserve  Need two more engine room riders then .....

On 10/23/2019 at 12:54 PM, Robbobee said:

Don't think Ryan will be with us if he is set on riding in Poland too ?

Shame if that turns out that way for the Lions but good luck to Ryan no matter what. if so then hope the averages allow Scotty back for both on track and off track contributions. great team guy who although perhaps in the twilight of his career in terms of top scoring he would be more than useful to the team overall

team overall.

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Shame if that turns out that way for the Lions but good luck to Ryan no matter what. if so then hope the averages allow Scotty back for both on track and off track contributions. great team guy who although perhaps in the twilight of his career in terms of top scoring he would be more than useful to the team overall

team overall.

Got my doubts Scott will be back, as good as he was this season, his best years are obviously behind him & to challenge for trophies you need riders to add at least half a point or more to their starting averages, as most of the team did this year. Scott is probably not going to add much, if anything, to his 8.35. Along with his TV duties on Saturdays i'd be surprised to see him back.  I'd like to see Perks, Mountain & Douglas back, although i'm not sure Douglas really mastered the Leicester track, as  his home average of 7.61 in comparison to an away one of 8.86 shows. I think Richie Worrall could feature again, if I remember when interviewed he said how much he likes riding  for Stewart Dickson, so if fully fit I could see him featuring. Whatever happens it's going to be hard to follow this season.

11 hours ago, False dawn said:

Do tell......

1. Lawlor

2. Proctor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

1. Lawlor

2. Proctor

is that the same proctor that scooped two league championship medals in a row or did i dream that  ? accept your team and support it or you could be the one on the end of the 5oft bargepole !

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve on the team for next year, unfortunately Proctor’s career has only gone one way this season as we saw at Lynn. He will probably get jobs in both leagues next year due to his averages but he is a long way past his best and prone to throwing in random awful rides. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve on the team for next year, unfortunately Proctor’s career has only gone one way this season as we saw at Lynn. He will probably get jobs in both leagues next year due to his averages but he is a long way past his best and prone to throwing in random awful rides. 

as are most of speedway riders .  tia woff for a start . dont knock riders, they do their best. apart from sarj lol 

12 minutes ago, jenga said:

as are most of speedway riders .  tia woff for a start . dont knock riders, they do their best. apart from sarj lol 

al judge that after t'morro :(

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And at pits walls. :D

On 10/25/2019 at 9:19 PM, jenga said:

is that the same proctor that scooped two league championship medals in a row or did i dream that  ? accept your team and support it or you could be the one on the end of the 5oft bargepole !

Ok then, will do. I look forward to supporting a whole 1-7 of foul-mouthed oiks in 2020, bring it on!!

• Like 1

Not sure where the "only one rider above 8.00 GSA comes from as if you count the number in CL there are currently 17 and if 11-12 teams that's 5 or 6 out of a job!

I agree and think Scott may move on and may be Poole or Eastbourne a bit closer to his home base?

Read Lawsons comments in Speedway Star last week and seems he might be on the move again in CL and possibly PL?, Glasgow might want him back and Leicester would suit his Midlands base?

Lawson for Scott, Worrall and Douglas would be a formidable top 3.