British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not sure where the "only one rider above 8.00 GSA comes from as if you count the number in CL there are currently 17 and if 11-12 teams that's 5 or 6 out of a job!

I agree and think Scott may move on and may be Poole or Eastbourne a bit closer to his home base?

Read Lawsons comments in Speedway Star last week and seems he might be on the move again in CL and possibly PL?, Glasgow might want him back and Leicester would suit his Midlands base?

Lawson for Scott, Worrall and Douglas would be a formidable top 3.

It's a Premiership rule. Doesn't seem to apply in the Championship.

18.6.1 A SGB Premiership Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 and may include ONLY one rider with an MA of 8.00 or above.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Not sure where the "only one rider above 8.00 GSA comes from as if you count the number in CL there are currently 17 and if 11-12 teams that's 5 or 6 out of a job!

I agree and think Scott may move on and may be Poole or Eastbourne a bit closer to his home base?

Read Lawsons comments in Speedway Star last week and seems he might be on the move again in CL and possibly PL?, Glasgow might want him back and Leicester would suit his Midlands base?

Lawson for Scott, Worrall and Douglas would be a formidable top 3.

Wouldn't begrudge Scott Nicholls moving back to Eastbourne, they have a lot of good young riders who would benefit from his experience.

It wouldn't surprise me if Howarth is with Leicester next year, Lawson I can also see (and with Sheffield - I expect Glasgow would require a full transfer!!). Douglas  - wouldn't surprise me if he goes with Sheffield.......

....do you see a possible pattern emerging here??

Leicester 2020 on current 42.50 limit

1. Ryan Douglas

2. Ashley Morris

3. Kyle Howarth

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. Aaron Summers

6. Connor Mountain

7. Danyon Hume

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

1. Ryan Douglas

2. Ashley Morris

3. Kyle Howarth

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. Aaron Summers

6. Connor Mountain

7. Danyon Hume

Do the Bates still own Leicester? If they do didn't they sack Bjerre when he was at Sheffield? So I doubt they'd have him back. Running out of clubs he seemingly hasn't upset is baby Bjerre.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think Bateses/Stead have had enough of Lasse Bjerre, but Stewart Dickson's his own man when it comes to team building. Doubt he would take the chance though.

Great news that Watling JCB is continuing the support, a loyal sponsor is like gold these days, but the club has to put in the work to keep the goodwill relationship. A far cry from the Hemsley days when relationships with sponsors were, I think, a bit turbulent.

So that's one up on Poole already. Next up is Dickson v Ford on the team building. Bring it on!

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

I think Bateses/Stead have had enough of Lasse Bjerre, but Stewart Dickson's his own man when it comes to team building. Doubt he would take the chance though.

Great news that Watling JCB is continuing the support, a loyal sponsor is like gold these days, but the club has to put in the work to keep the goodwill relationship. A far cry from the Hemsley days when relationships with sponsors were, I think, a bit turbulent.

So that's one up on Poole already. Next up is Dickson v Ford on the team building. Bring it on!

Think most Promotions will have enough of Lasse Bjerre.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Big Al said:

If it's anything like the relationship with the fans it won't last long

Very early days for 2020 team building but I wonder if Nick Morris would fit (instead of Bjerre)?

• Haha 1

Brizheathen- Nick Morris would be a good signing at Leicester and I am confident that he could overcome his recent demons  with the track as he used to be amazing around Beaumont Park. It’s also nice and local for you to come and watch him as well 

Big mates with Douglas ;)

On 10/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, stevethelion said:

Got my doubts Scott will be back, as good as he was this season, his best years are obviously behind him & to challenge for trophies you need riders to add at least half a point or more to their starting averages, as most of the team did this year. Scott is probably not going to add much, if anything, to his 8.35. Along with his TV duties on Saturdays i'd be surprised to see him back.  I'd like to see Perks, Mountain & Douglas back, although i'm not sure Douglas really mastered the Leicester track, as  his home average of 7.61 in comparison to an away one of 8.86 shows. I think Richie Worrall could feature again, if I remember when interviewed he said how much he likes riding  for Stewart Dickson, so if fully fit I could see him featuring. Whatever happens it's going to be hard to follow this season.

We'll have him!!!

On 10/29/2019 at 11:40 AM, Lenny Lion said:

1. Ryan Douglas

2. Ashley Morris

3. Kyle Howarth

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. Aaron Summers

6. Connor Mountain

7. Danyon Hume

Morris will be at Brum!

Lots of championship teams now beginning to make team building announcements ahead of AGM. Very quiet from the club on Lions plans for 2020, anybody heard any rumours about  potential signings as we look to build on this seasons success?

a quadruple winning side . who can beat that ? belated congratulations on this great feat ..   maybe more to come !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1