How about:

R Douglas

R Worrall

C Mountain

K Howarth 

N Morris

J Thompson

D Thompson

Averages add up to 40.82 according to my sums. Doesn't allow for any discounts (2.5% or whatever) for British riders and assumes that the twins would each come in on 2.00.

The team balance looks suspiciously like the one Somerset finished up with last season. As we know, teams that are going to be successful will have riders upping their current averages. Is it asking a bit much for the twins to average 7.00 between them? If so, I think the Lions would be in business with the above line up. Lions fans might scream at the omission of Perks (rightly so) but you have to start somewhere!

Just a bit of fun, but in Dickson we trust and the team is no doubt sorted already! 

Worrall seems nailed on  to be at Edinburgh. I think you'll be right with Morris & Douglas. Thompson boys' don't turn 16 until April 22nd, so can't start with them. Think maybe it might be a year too soon, but won't be surprised to see 1 of them mid-season if any changes need to be made. Hope Perks & Mountain return.

• Like 1

Heres a long shot: Dakota Ballantyne

Edited by Big Al
spelling

If I've got my sums right, the new Championship format will mean 16 home league matches, as compared with 10 in 2019.

And what about the Shield, KO Cup, playoffs?

So if a club has a successful season, getting everything done by end of October could be a bit of a stretch. No surprise that one reason given for SN's departure was that Leicester's need to run home matches on GP Saturdays will be likely to increase. At one stage of the season (July?) there is a GP on three successive Saturdays, which can't exactly be a very welcome thing for Saturday GB clubs.

But doesn't it also bring into question the feasibility of also running a third tier side in 2020? I suppose that could depend to an extent on how big the third tier is, next season. And could there be the possibility of the number of Shield fixtures being reduced a bit, going with four groups of 3 teams for example, or even opting out of the Shield altogether in order to leave enough dates for the Cubs to operate. 

On 11/16/2019 at 7:49 AM, Elmo said:

Great news, Dougy is back.

Presumably on a nice little deal!

Would be happy with something like ....

Nick Morris

Ryan Douglas

Kyle Howarth

Josh Bates / Ellis Perks

Connor Mountain

Danyon Hume / ANO 4.00 pointer

Joe Lawler - possible Thompson 2.00

Does it fit ?

12 minutes ago, Robbobee said:

Nick Morris

Ryan Douglas

Kyle Howarth

Josh Bates / Ellis Perks

Connor Mountain

Does it fit ?

Not now Ty Proctor has been signed :D

Seriously, looking at your team, I am slightly surprised that Josh Bates, Ellis Perks and Connor Mountain have not been signed up already though. And I think it could be odds on that both Thompsons are destined to be in the reserve berths. Might be a early for them to step up and we have the problem that they are not 16 till 22nd April. But the signs are they'll be promoted as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Seriously, looking at your team, I am slightly surprised that Josh Bates, Ellis Perks and Connor Mountain have not been signed up already though. And I think it could be odds on that both Thompsons are destined to be in the reserve berths. Might be a early for them to step up and we have the problem that they are not 16 till 22nd April. But the signs are they'll be promoted as soon as possible.

Don’t you think next year will be too soon for the Thompsons?

They haven’t even achieved a 7 point NL average yet, which ought to be a required minimum.

1 hour ago, Robbobee said:

Nick Morris

Ryan Douglas

Kyle Howarth

Josh Bates / Ellis Perks

Connor Mountain

Does it fit ?

Fits easy with Proctor instead of Howarth. Reckon Joe Thompson will join the team come late April

58 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I think most of the Lions team have already signed. The promoters are just drip feeding us with the names. Last Saturday they said on their website that they hoped to name the full team within a week of the AGM.

Edited by Happy Hunter
Clarification
  • Like 1

Going by comments on page 3  of this topic by Flagrag in reply to one of Nick Morris's parents it's pretty obvious he's one of the riders. Also reading the Scunthorpe topic someone mentions Howarth signing for Scunthorpe to which the reply was no he's off down the other end of the A46, which implies Leicester. If that's the case there's no way Ellis Perks fits, unless it's 2 x 2 pointers at reserve, which isn't likely. If it's Connor Mountain plus 2 others, Zaine Kennedy who was at Sheffield last season & a 2 pointer would fit.

Morris, Douglas, Proctor, Howarth, Mountain, Kennedy, 2 pointer.

Edited by stevethelion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think most of the Lions team have already signed. The promoters are just drip feeding us with the names. Last Saturday they said on their website that they hoped to name the full team within a week of the AGM.

On the speedwaygb website there are videos of Stewart Dickson announcing the two members so far and it looks like both were from the AGM on Friday, so they probably recorded all names there and will release them day by day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

Going by comments on page 3  of this topic by Flagrag in reply to one of Nick Morris's parents it's pretty obvious he's one of the riders. Also reading the Scunthorpe topic someone mentions Howarth signing for Scunthorpe to which the reply was no he's off down the other end of the A46, which implies Leicester. If that's the case there's no way Ellis Perks fits, unless it's 2 x 2 pointers at reserve, which isn't likely. If it's Connor Mountain plus 2 others, Zaine Kennedy who was at Sheffield last season & a 2 pointer would fit.

Morris, Douglas, Proctor, Howarth, Mountain, Kennedy, 2 pointer.

Especially if Perks was required by his parent club, Poole.