British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

Assuming Morris is the final piece in the jigsaw (confirmed tomorrow?), I'm thinking that we have the smartest manager in the league. The twins will surely punch above their 2.00 point average but will likely remain at 6 & 7, since they would need to reach 6.00 plus, to move into the top 5. Nobody is expecting them to achieve that and they will hopefully enjoy racing without pressure. Should they of course continue their development at the same rate as last season, how good would it be if they could step in for extra races when one of the top five is having an off night?

• Like 1

Nick Morris it is.
Well done to all concerned for getting this strong team assembled quickly. 
Looks like it will become the benchmark for all others in preparation for 2020. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

If the National league runs will the Thompson twins do both league's.?

Don't Hold Me Now to this but they probably said if You Take Me Up riding both leagues would be a Perfect Day...No Lies.

Running two leagues is a gamble with the weather though...Day After Day...Who Can Stop The Rain?  ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Don't Hold Me Now to this but they probably said if You Take Me Up riding both leagues would be a Perfect Day...No Lies.

Running two leagues is a gamble with the weather though...Day After Day...Who Can Stop The Rain?  ;)

Be great for them to get more meeting's i see both of them ride at Swindon this year and they were both impressive.

Think the Thompson twins will find the going hard. Very hard. I think its a year too soon. 

Would happily be proved wrong though. Always good to see young British talent. 

Think you have a very good team. Will be very difficult to beat anywhere. One thing though i think Douglas and Perks were slightly unknowns last year while this year we know what they are all about. 

• Like 1

Strong team in my view, hopefully Morris can get back to the form of a few years ago when he was almost unbeatable round BP.

Suggest riding order could be Morris, Proctor, Perks, Douglas, Howarth, Dan, Joe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionsFan said:

Strong team in my view, hopefully Morris can get back to the form of a few years ago when he was almost unbeatable round BP.

Suggest riding order could be Morris, Proctor, Perks, Douglas, Howarth, Dan, Joe.

Douglas should be number 1? Morris gets 2.5 reduction, rode NL which puts him below Douglas

3 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Douglas should be number 1? Morris gets 2.5 reduction, rode NL which puts him below Douglas

2.5% is just for team building.

Actual average determines No.1.

Edited by Gambo

Lineup complete, final cat out of the bag. Looks a very decent main body, if the two twins can score a few points then the Lions will challenge for the top spot again.

I must confess I've only seen a little of the two youngsters but this is a big jump for any 15/16 year old.

I'm not for one moment saying they should, but... how long before the twins can/will be binned off and replaced with more experienced reserves?