British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

On 12/15/2019 at 10:38 PM, flagrag said:

There is no doubt that 2020 will be a learning session for the Thompson twins and some meetings will be better than others.

However they were beating rider like Flint,Bickley,Jenkins,Lawlor,Kemp,Palin on a regular basis both home and away.

The one thing that they do need to is toughen up a bit on track and stand their ground this is something I am sure that their winter training will be focused on.

Aye, get them joined up at a boxing gym

On 12/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, 1 valve said:

Hopefully the boys will stay injury free but if a stand in is required then as long as it is not immediately after the start of the season their averages could well be up at the 4 point mark thus providing a wider choice of guest?

Could do same as what Newcastle have done - they've just signed up former Stoke man Joe Alcock as a club asset and will loan him out to an NDL team

There is no doubt that 2020 will be a learning session for the Thompson twins and some meetings will be better than others.

However they were beating rider like Flint,Bickley,Jenkins,Lawlor,Kemp,Palin on a regular basis both home and away.

The one thing that they do need to is toughen up a bit on track and stand their ground this is something I am sure that their winter training will be focused on.

With your Sheffield connection, some personal tuition from Nicki Pedersen could be just the job?

Edited by Hamish McRaker
Spello
  • Haha 1

Looked back Flagrag JOE beat Gilkes (3).  Palin, Clegg,   Ledwith, Rowe, Jenkins, Flint, Bickley in 2019. DAN beat Wilson (2). Clegg, Rowe, Jenkins, Palin (2) Stoneman, Bickley not bad for a debut season.Both lads also look real racers Joe loves the outside run and Dan really works the line well both exciting to watch in there own right.My wife got me the Belle Vue v Leicester two legs on DVD for a Christmas present a brilliant watch and both the twins clashes with Bickley,Flint, Bailey, Palin, were superb.If they could average near on three that would be terrific the real plus is they both ride the difficult Leicester track well so against there level and weaker second strings will hold there own at home.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the new season but would like to know if the promotion has considered replacing the stand (tent) roof on the home straight? I know it's only been missing for over a season, but it might just rain again sometime over the course of the next season. Pardon the sarcasm but it is difficult to defend the club on this matter.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, Teromaafan said:

Looking forward to the new season but would like to know if the promotion has considered replacing the stand (tent) roof on the home straight? I know it's only been missing for over a season, but it might just rain again sometime over the course of the next season. Pardon the sarcasm but it is difficult to defend the club on this matter.

Is it the promotion who are responsible for this, or is it the landlord (Hemsley)?

Either way, it needs sorting out, as does the track lighting. 

16 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Is it the promotion who are responsible for this, or is it the landlord (Hemsley)?

Was at the king power yesterday and noticed they had upgraded to led floodlights. Wonder what happened to the old ones, they could have come in useful for the lions.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Anyone know if Mr.Hemsley is still the landlord? His company Leicester Speedway Limited was dissolved back in the summer

6 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Anyone know if Mr.Hemsley is still the landlord? His company Leicester Speedway Limited was dissolved back in the summer

Beaumont Sports Complex is still active though and isn't that the company that runs the site?

I would guess the other dissolved companies were to do with the speedway promotion side of things?

• Like 2

On 12/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, Teromaafan said:

They should get the big holes in the track sorted out first ;)

15 hours ago, Big Al said:

I suspect that any improvement to the track lighting will need planning approval from the City Council as I think the lighting was subject to planning conditions when a the track received planning permission.

So Leicester have got the  championship fours after Cardiff, will be interesting where they will park all the bikes and Van's?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

So Leicester have got the  championship fours after Cardiff, will be interesting where they will park all the bikes and Van's?

If they are getting a lot of the coaches of fans returning from Cardiff, where on earth are they going to park?

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

If they are getting a lot of the coaches of fans returning from Cardiff, where on earth are they going to park?

Also the last time I was there the Little portable bar on the 3rd & 4th ( wonder if it's still there ran out of beer & there was.only 3 of us using it... so how will they cope with a load of hungover thirsty speedway fans north of Manchester 

• Like 1

So some fans will have to find serious pocket money to be able to go to the Pairs, then Cardiff, then Leicester for the Fours in 3 days. Can't even imagine the costs if thinking of doing Swindon on the Thursday.

• Like 1