British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

9 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So some fans will have to find serious pocket money to be able to go to the Pairs, then Cardiff, then Leicester for the Fours in 3 days. Can't even imagine the costs if thinking of doing Swindon on the Thursday.

It'll roughly be for entry / ticket fees alone around the £150 range then & that's with the cheaper ticket for Cardiff then the hotel & refreshment costs on top c'mon bspa that's a bad move !!

• Like 3

Crazy idea to put the fours at Leicester, not enough parking also where would they put all the bikes in the pits ? On top of the cost to the fans over the weekend.  Think some will give the pair's a miss or Leicester? 

• Like 2

What a great weekend that is going to be really looking forward to it. Well done bspa.

For those that will struggle to find the loot to be able go to all the meetings it’s simple start saving now. 

1 minute ago, flipper11 said:

What a great weekend that is going to be really looking forward to it. Well done bspa.

For those that will struggle to find the loot to be able go to all the meetings it’s simple start saving now. 

Crazy decision and crazy logic.

How do you think many will start saving?

By missing a few meetings at their local tracks that's how!

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Crazy decision and crazy logic.

How do you think many will start saving?

By missing a few meetings at their local tracks that's how!

Then they wouldn’t be able to afford go whenever the bspa put the meeting on then.

12 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

So Leicester have got the  championship fours after Cardiff, will be interesting where they will park all the bikes and Van's?

Also will they be able to get it done in under 3.5-4 hours as there is a 4 hour limit on the shopping centre car park

• Like 2

in the process of booking fri night accommodation for the pairs,if the fours was on a sunday at peterborough different w/end, would have done that as well but not all the same w/end

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

So Leicester have got the  championship fours after Cardiff, will be interesting where they will park all the bikes and Van's?

I am going to Cardiff. I love the fours. I'm fairly local to Leicester.

But this decision seems to make very little sense to me. 

Running the fours anywhere on the Cardiff Sunday, with the possible exception of Somerset, seems slightly odd to me. Logistically, for the fans, how does this make sense.? Is the supporters coach from say Eastbourne, going to return home a day late, via Leicester?

Why destroy the concept of the "fours weekend" by combining it with the GP weekend. :blink:

And the hosting track. So Peterborough is not available (?). But even though it's convenient for me, Leicester would seem to have some severe limitations. Car parking for the fans is an issue. I got caught out at the Ben meeting last year. The supermarket parking we use every week has a strict 4 hour limit. And let''s not have any more discussion about the legality of the imposition of fines. If you get a parking fine, do you really want to challenge it or risk ignoring it? The car park is "policed" by comparing video images of you entering and leaving. If you can't leave because everyone else is at the same time, that's cuts no ice. I know. So you can't park there for the fours. You will not get out of the car park within the four hour limit unless you leave the meeting early.
I don't know much about the accommodation of riders vans and pit space but I suspect that they will both be tight.
And despite my misgivings, should this meeting be heavily supported, will the stadium house that many supporters comfortably?

• Like 3

Leicester struggle with 14 riders and their vans god knows how they will accommodate 40 

• Like 1

Glad someone else can see the same issue as me? Plus the pit area mac as you and me well know 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, flipper11 said:

How many people can afford to do all 3 meetings especially those who have school kids as it's also the start of the summer holiday's.. the cost alone for Somerset & Cardiff is roughly 300 for a hotel then travel cost then the entry tickets & everything else.. so a family of 5 it could be the thick end of 800 just for a weekend...  

The Fours were staged at Leicester in 2011. Were there any problems then? I know it wasn't the day after Cardiff but the pit area and parking restrictions haven't changed.

• Like 1

Peterborough 4’ s has always been a great day out and brilliant racing,so let’s change it.!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

The Fours were staged at Leicester in 2011. Were there any problems then? I know it wasn't the day after Cardiff but the pit area and parking restrictions haven't changed.

I remember the previous fours at Leicester and I don't remember any complaints regarding the accommodation of riders. The final that day comprised 8 teams, so there would have been 40 riders present. Since then however, the format has changed and in the last few years, all clubs in the league have had a team present on the day. If that is the case, then this year there would be 60 riders present on the day. Now that would be chaos, although you would like to think that this has all been thought through (?).

The main thing I remember about the previous staging of this meeting, was the promoter apparently being robbed of the meetings takings (later on the same evening). Whilst this was headline news in the local media, I seem to recall the situation going quiet thereafter. Were these people caught? Perhaps someone can shed some light?

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

8 teams in the meeting them days.