British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

A great event BUT why hold it at a track that is known for its lack of parking problems. I bet if anyone gets a parking ticket from the shopping center car park due to an over run meeting          Leicester Speedway  will not pay it. Come- on MR Godfrey  get a grip and get this meeting to a track that has better parking !!!   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

The main thing I remember about the previous staging of this meeting, was the promoter apparently being robbed of the meetings takings (later on the same evening). Whilst this was headline news in the local media, I seem to recall the situation going quiet thereafter. Were these people caught? Perhaps someone can shed some light?

I don't think you will get an answer to that. 

3 hours ago, archie21 said:

A great event BUT why hold it at a track that is known for its lack of parking problems. I bet if anyone gets a parking ticket from the shopping center car park due to an over run meeting          Leicester Speedway  will not pay it. Come- on MR Godfrey  get a grip and get this meeting to a track that has better parking !!!   

Stupid idea to hold it at Leicester for all the reasons False dawn said earlier. Even if the meeting ran smoothly you'd be hard pushed to walk back to the shopping centre and actually drive your car out of the centre within 4 hours, bearing in mind there will be a massive queue. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mac101 said:

Leicester struggle with 14 riders and their vans god knows how they will accommodate 40 

They couldn't even run a double header in 4 hours last year, there's no way they'll be able to do a triple header! also when you consider a 15 minute walk each way to and from the car park and as Gemini says probably a lengthy queue to get in with their 2 "turnstiles".

Another example of how out of touch the promoters are on what it's actually like to attend a Speedway meeting these days

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

The subject of the 4’s is also discussed in the shared events section of the forum which is most probably the most appropriate place rather than this topic which is regarding Lions team issues for 2020.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 3:07 AM, Elmo said:

Beaumont Sports Complex is still active though and isn't that the company that runs the site?

I would guess the other dissolved companies were to do with the speedway promotion side of things?

Correct Richard.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 8:28 PM, Cookiefan said:

If they are getting a lot of the coaches of fans returning from Cardiff, where on earth are they going to park?

The Industrial Estate which is behind the back straight.

15 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Correct Richard.

Thanks John

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:56 PM, archie21 said:

Mr Godfrey will re-imburse any parking fines incurred. Official announcement any day now.....

• Haha 3

On 1/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, Mr Bump said:

Anyone know if Mr.Hemsley is still the landlord? His company Leicester Speedway Limited was dissolved back in the summer

As per others - yes he effectively is, via his company BSC Ltd. 

However if he is true to reputed past "form", he will be trying to avoid responsibility and cost for the needed improvements and repairs, either by maintaining they should be done and financed by others, or by just doing nothing in response to requests from his tenants. 

This is somewhat different from the stadium car park, which  BSC under the planning requirements of City Council, was supposed to have tarmacked over with parking spaces properly marked. So if anyone incurs an injury by accidentally stepping into a pothole whilst walking across it, you know who is liable. However, the chances of actually getting any compo from BSC are slim, but you could have a better chance with the Council if they've failed to enforce the requirement.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Al said:

However if he is true to reputed past "form", he will be trying to avoid responsibility and cost for the needed improvements and repairs, either by maintaining they should be done and financed by others, or by just doing nothing in response to requests from his tenants. 

Who’s responsibility it is will depend on the appropriate clause in the lease where it is common place to adopt a “fully repairing” condition meaning the lease holder is responsible for all maintenance, repairs and (approved) alterations not the landlord. 
this may not be the case for the car park if a specific clause in the original agreement  binds the landlord to address specific matters.  

• Like 1

I know 2yrs ago D.H. was told to fill in the pot holes in the car park because he was renting to NHS. 

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Who’s responsibility it is will depend on the appropriate clause in the lease where it is common place to adopt a “fully repairing” condition meaning the lease holder is responsible for all maintenance, repairs and (approved) alterations not the landlord. 
this may not be the case for the car park if a specific clause in the original agreement  binds the landlord to address specific matters.  

I would be surprised if the Bates's agreed to a lease making them responsible for any of the stadium infrastructure, it would be unusual, but well I suppose that it is possible. However, I also don't think they are stupid.

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

I would be surprised if the Bates's agreed to a lease making them responsible for any of the stadium infrastructure, it would be unusual, but well I suppose that it is possible. However, I also don't think they are stupid.

If (say) a business leased  an industrial unit in which the roof developed a leak or worse blew off, then the lease holder not the landlord would be responsible for the repairs. 
This approach is to ensure the lessee treats the property with appropriate care rather than let the landlords property fall into disrepair and thus reduction in value. 
As it appears the promotion owned by the Bates have sole use (management) of the stadium then it would be reasonable to hold them responsible for all repairs & maintenance of the property. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

If (say) a business leased  an industrial unit in which the roof developed a leak or worse blew off, then the lease holder not the landlord would be responsible for the repairs. 
This approach is to ensure the lessee treats the property with appropriate care rather than let the landlords property fall into disrepair and thus reduction in value. 
As it appears the promotion owned by the Bates have sole use (management) of the stadium then it would be reasonable to hold them responsible for all repairs & maintenance of the property. 

Isn't it a question of what is reasonable. If the wind blows the roof off, whose fault is it and who is responsible for repair. What sort of things could the tenant be reasonably expected to adopt resposonsibility for maintaining, and which should be sole responsibility of the landlord? I've been telling my landlord for several months that the gutters need to be cleared out and that weather will cause damage if he doesn't, but  I am not responsible for getting the job done; it isn't within my powers to prevent the gutters from clogging up. But it absolutely is my responsibility to keep the interior clean and in a good general state.