British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Spoke to many riders who said the track was ruined by the 1000cc sidecars, that dug holes in the worst possible places and were never repaired properly. Never been a fan of sidecars on a speedway track personally.

Thats probably why no further sidecar meetings were held!

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 12:17 PM, Happy Hunter said:

In 2017 the Supporter's Club made a donation of £2500 to the promoters towards the cost of the repair to wind damage to the roof on the stand on the home straight. 

I believe that was for the replacement of the first roof that was blown off the previous year.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

It's obvious that something more substantial is required.

Including better lighting......the rubble dumping will have to come back to pay for it!

On 1/12/2020 at 5:27 PM, alexsmith195032 said:

why they do not get permission to use beaumont leys park for parking. I do remember some push bike clubs used to do events and they parked their vehicle there.

I would imagine as its the emergency route for the ambulance it has to be kept clear at all times. This is also the reason why vans are not allowed to be parked there.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:17 PM, Happy Hunter said:

In 2017 the Supporter's Club made a donation of £2500 to the promoters towards the cost of the repair to wind damage to the roof on the stand on the home straight. 

Wasnt that to cover the storm damage on the Roger Webster stand when they had to replace the wood at the back of the stand or else it would have to be closed to the public?

On 1/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, teaboy279 said:

Spoke to many riders who said the track was ruined by the 1000cc sidecars, that dug holes in the worst possible places and were never repaired properly. Never been a fan of sidecars on a speedway track personally.

Try being the bloody start marshal for the sidecars! They are like 1,000 CC rotavators which can dig a trench from the start line to the first bend. I had blood running down the inside of my trousers as a result of being hit by flying shale. Never again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Including better lighting......the rubble dumping will have to come back to pay for it!

If my understanding is correct they are looking at the lighting situation (and it will not involve more rubble dumping).

• Like 1

Cancel any plans for May and pray for good weather. 

Neil Machin is no longer a Leicester Co Promoter.    

I thought I saw somewhere that he had become involved elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Neil Machin is no longer a Leicester Co Promoter.    

I thought I saw somewhere that he had become involved elsewhere.

I think Neil acted as a consultant to Rob Grant about Rob's plans for running the Diamonds this year. 

I know someone who emailed the club regarding the roof covering repair on the home straight. The response? See if you can guess from the following options:

a) No need for repairs, the current tent will be replaced with a permanent structure incorporating a fully enclosed bar and restaurant facility.

b) Sit somewhere else.

c) Bring a transparent (so that you do not obscure the view of others) umbrella.

d) .................................No.....................reply.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Teromaafan said:

I know someone who emailed the club regarding the roof covering repair on the home straight. The response? See if you can guess from the following options:

a) No need for repairs, the current tent will be replaced with a permanent structure incorporating a fully enclosed bar and restaurant facility.

b) Sit somewhere else.

c) Bring a transparent (so that you do not obscure the view of others) umbrella.

d) .................................No.....................reply.

Bring some wood ,hammer and nails and leave the umbrella at home:P