British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

30 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

No mention of track lighting improvements.

They probably need to get the planning permission regarding the lights changed.

Happy Hunter - I don’t believe planning permission amendments are required as plans do not involve moving the poles or increasing height.

It will include new brighter bulbs and changing the angles as they are still set in position for the original track when built .

I think I have a copy of the planning permission somewhere. If I can find it I will see what it says but I think that the brightness of the lights might have to be below a certain level to prevent light pollution.

Happy Hunter- Nothing to worry about the new bulbs and light pollution as the light will be more focused on the track so less light will be escaping the stadium than previously as well as being better for the environment as less electricity will be used .

• Like 2

New start time of 7pm for meetings this season

1 hour ago, Mr Bump said:

New start time of 7pm for meetings this season

Is that so any sun breaks can be accommodated by the interval?

• Like 1

Bigger crowds came to earlier starts in 2019 & it’s better for families too. Might also save a few quid on the leccy bill I guess

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.31608.1

As someone who worked hard & raised money I am totally disgusted by the club, this stand was built & paid for by the supporters in conjunction the supporters club to be known as the supporters club stand . 

It even has our plaque & names on the back of the stand but no doubt that will have been removed for an oversized advert.

Along with forcing members of loyal staff out of the club like myself who they had never even met before taking over, this is another symbol of the current owners having no respect for their customer or the former staff who only tried to promote their club. 

4 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

As someone who worked hard & raised money I am totally disgusted by the club, this stand was built & paid for by the supporters in conjunction the supporters club to be known as the supporters club stand . 

It even has our plaque & names on the back of the stand but no doubt that will have been removed for an oversized advert.

Along with forcing members of loyal staff out of the club like myself who they had never even met before taking over, this is another symbol of the current owners having no respect for their customer or the former staff who only tried to promote their club. 

I totally agree, my name is opn that board. I am writing to the club about this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Banned for airing my views ? A forum is just for that.

But if they banned me then I’ve not lost anything I am not made to feel very welcome anymore on the few occasions I can attend matches but when I can go it’s just not the same spectacle as before they forced me out.

Edited by Lenny Lion
Mis-spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

who forced you out??

im not sure the owners run the day to day running of the club im sure its Stewart Dickson and Neil Machin

Think your wrong there the owners have all the say, and Neil is not involved at all now. 

6 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Think your wrong there the owners have all the say, and Neil is not involved at all now. 

where has Neil gone?