British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

Bridger said on his Facebook it's a PL Club.

I did wonder if it might be Brummies as he lives close to Peter and David

Surely Josh Bates is Leicester signing now Somerset not running?

Edited by HGould
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Any Aussie rider will be able to leave here whenever they want, depending on what restrictions are like in the UK. They can also fly back in to Aus when they like , as long as they spend around $3500 for two weeks in hotel quarantine. 

Thats about £2,000 according to my reckoning. Will the promotor foot a rider's bill I wonder!

Newcastle thread seems to imply Connor Mountain is coming back to fill the Perks sized hole in the Lions team. If Bridger is also signing that suggests that one of the heat leaders (most likely Morris) may be pulling out.

• Like 1

I would be pleased to see Connor back. I have spent many happy hours over the lockdown watching the videos of the 2019 title winning season and he was one of the reasona why it went so well. From the Leicester web site recently it looks as if the other 6 riders will be as planned.  Not sure abour Bridger - didn't he sign for the Lions once put then only rode once or something like that before he packed it in again!

• Like 1

The options to replace Perks were originally Josh Bates,Anders Rowe and Connor Mountain but then a change was agreed at AGM so some options were no longer available 

Edited by flagrag

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Any Aussie rider will be able to leave here whenever they want, depending on what restrictions are like in the UK. They can also fly back in to Aus when they like , as long as they spend around $3500 for two weeks in hotel quarantine. 

Don't think anybody can return to Australia when they want, saw a report only a few hundred allowed back in per day, then 14 days quarenteen to be paid,  unless your a tennis player/coach !!

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Don't think anybody can return to Australia when they want, saw a report only a few hundred allowed back in per day, then 14 days quarenteen to be paid,  unless your a tennis player/coach !!

They are allowed to leave and return if given an exemption for work/business/funerals etc. 

1. Nick morris

2. Danyon hume

3. Kyle howarth

4. Ty Proctor

5. Ryan douglas

6. Dan thompson

7. Joe Thompson

38 point limit with a u21 brit at number 7... would be my prediction based on rumour how the teams will be set up and how much room there is left (for danyon)

20 hours ago, flagrag said:

The options to replace Perks were originally Josh Bates,Anders Rowe and Connor Mountain but then a change was agreed at AGM so some options were no longer available 

The teaser returns!!

Here goes....SOME options.....meaning two out of the above three?

Logic would mean the only one still available to go with due to AGM changes is Anders Rowe.

Which probably means it won't be anything of the sort!!

On 1/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, flagrag said:

Josh Bates would be my pick. A fit JB would seem to be the better option and he certainly knows the quickest way around the track. He is after all the track record holder.  Connor Mountain would also be fine although his starting average would be lower.

BarrowBoy2- The slight concern over Josh Bates is him being able to stay on the bike and fit. With the team setup if he was out injured it would only leave the twins and Ty able to take a ride.

As is normal in the winter plans change a few times as riders become available that were not originally able to be considered 

On 2/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, flagrag said:

BarrowBoy2- The slight concern over Josh Bates is him being able to stay on the bike and fit. With the team setup if he was out injured it would only leave the twins and Ty able to take a ride.

As is normal in the winter plans change a few times as riders become available that were not originally able to be considered 

Josh Bates It Is then.

There has never been any doubt that Josh Bates can ride a Speedway bike and ride it fast.

The number of falls and injuries and attitude strops though would be the main concern.

I also recall reading an article in the Speedway Star where his comment  was, he doesn't mind if he gets hurt , as speedway is all he wants to do.

Wish him well and hopefully he can fulfil his undoubted potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

There has never been any doubt that Josh Bates can ride a Speedway bike and ride it fast.

The number of falls and injuries and attitude strops though would be the main concern.

I also recall reading an article in the Speedway Star where his comment  was, he doesn't mind if he gets hurt , as speedway is all he wants to do.

Wish him well and hopefully he can fulfil his undoubted potential.

His commitment should never be questioned, but whilst he doesn't mind getting hurt, the other three riders in the race might have something to say about that!

He will always be a risk until Dickson puts some glue on his a*se!

• Like 2

Yes.....Broc Nicol will probably agree with you there. The most reckless piece of riding I have seen at Leicester and it makes it easier to know I won't be there to see him ride again.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1