British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

56 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Did not think Joe was still at Birmingham Lol?

He is not but if you like ask him if anyone sorted the main team sponsor out for him when the clubs reputation was in tatters . In fact if you watch the itv news clip of the sponsor being  unveiled (on youtube ) the main sponsor actually says it was a family member who sorted the deal out . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

16 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am not . I am not sure why it says that to be honest . What i have not done though is ask for a plaque or constant recognition for bringing lots of sponsorship to Birmingham speedway over recent years including securing the main team sponsor for 3 consecutive years .

i am not against sponsorship, all I wanted was an honest answer which I got from the club. You will note that I did not put the wording of my request on the forum and I was fair to the club by putting the fair reply on the forum.

• Like 3

im donating to be auctioned on the dannys day at mildenhall speedway

a set of nicolai klindts race worn kevlars with a reserve of £200 fully autographed

any one interested in bidding online please private message me and ill release the news on the day

thx dave

Edited by davieb1

On 2/21/2020 at 5:19 PM, Happy Hunter said:

There are still quite a number of people around now who were around at the time the stadium was constructed, including the current press officer.

Along with Clerk of the Course, Cubs Team Manager, Pits Marshal, Start Marshal, Presentation Teams and Stewards.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Along with Clerk of the Course, Cubs Team Manager, Pits Marshal, Start Marshal, Presentation Teams and Stewards.

Seems perfect proof that the club was/is and will remain bigger and more important than any individual. Perhaps those previously offended in the past and thus continue to stay away from race nights need to understand their ego/pride is the reason they are now staying away which is a shame because if last season is anything to go by they are missing exactly what they wanted in the first place. i.e. many good nights of speedway and an incredible season of success. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So excited for the start of the season . Who do people think should be the Lions captain ??

For me you can’t look past Kyle Howarth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionspride said:

Does anyone here travel to away matches that would be interested in a car share ? 

Not sure whether you're offering a lift or asking for one?

Either way, what a good idea i.e. sharing car space. Not a new idea I know but we could use a space where offers and requests could be posted. I've suggest this to the Leicester supporters club via their website (http://www.leicester-speedway-supporters-club.co.uk) where we could have a page for fans to exchange offers of lifts.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:51 AM, Lionspride said:

Does anyone here travel to away matches that would be interested in a car share ? 

On 3/11/2020 at 12:36 PM, False dawn said:

Not sure whether you're offering a lift or asking for one?

Either way, what a good idea i.e. sharing car space. Not a new idea I know but we could use a space where offers and requests could be posted. I've suggest this to the Leicester supporters club via their website (http://www.leicester-speedway-supporters-club.co.uk) where we could have a page for fans to exchange offers of lifts.

I've had a reply from the supporters club.....

Thanks for your message with regards to away travel to Leicester speedway matches, we have a group set up on Facebook called LSSC travel group which will have all coach travel on there and also will enable people to post for lifts etc for away matches. Hopefully you can join this group and join us on coaches to away matches. 
......you can also see me on race nights at the LSSC 50/50 table and we can try and sort lifts out for you.
Many thanks
Dan Archer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ballroom said:

Planning a trip 2nd may against poole. What's the parking like now, is tesco the best bet still?

You only get 4 hours on Tesco or any shopping centre car park. After that you get an automatic ticket. The best bet If you can arrive early enough park on the stadium car park next to the bar its free & there is no time limit.

Edited by Lionspride

Ryan Douglas & Nick Morris have flown home to Australia tonight so it doesn’t look like the speedway is going to start anytime soon. I know The Lions are not racing for nearly a month but they have meetings with Wolves from 27th March. 

If that's true with them flying home! They must know something we supporters don't then? But think we can guess what it does means. :(

On 2/21/2020 at 2:02 PM, LionsDen said:

As someone who was closely involved in the whole project of getting speedway back to Leicester, as both part of Leicester Speedway Ltd's organising committee and also as Secretary of the LSSC at the time, I'm assuming this 'information' has been put forward by Hemsley given that the present regime were not in place back 2011. The statement misses out an awful lot of the background story to the construction of that stand, and crucially, the paying for it. The LSSC raised well over £5k for that concrete terrace, with our people also helping to build it. The back straight was originally going to be a continuation of the earth berm around the bends until we put this proposal forward. The cost of the ironwork, which did indeed cost more than the terrace, was actually funded by the waste tipping but sadly, ended up as a legal battle that caused a lot of misery and discontent for some time afterwards, and remains the reason why Ken and I swore never to set foot in the place again.

I honestly don't care enough about Leicester Speedway these days to be bothered about what the stand is called but I must admit, the expediency in that club statement did make me laugh out loud.

That Bloody stand gave me a headache year in year out and will continue to do so for whoever now deals with the LCC!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1