British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

2 hours ago, iainb said:

CHAMPIONS! for one more day! Do we retain the title this year with an undefeated record?

It's better than that. We (*) did win all of our fixture(s). And they were all away from home.
A unique record I reckon. 

* It suit me to be included in the Leicester fan base at present, pending the return of the Bees to their rightful home at Brandon.

• Like 1

According to the Lion's web site all of this year's team have been offered the same contract for next season. Six of them have accepted, but one can't apparently commit yet. Who do we think is stalling?

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

According to the Lion's web site all of this year's team have been offered the same contract for next season. Six of them have accepted, but one can't apparently commit yet. Who do we think is stalling?

most likely one of the Aussies who may either need to confirm a work permit is valid and/or who may have a good job back home.

wonder what the cancellation of the 2021 Aussie Championships (a route for many to get work permit) might have for those who wanted a top podium finish in State Championships to get a work permit for 2021?

hopefully they get sorted as enjoy my trips down M69 to Leicester 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

hopefully they get sorted as enjoy my trips down M69 to Leicester 

Amen to that. 

On 10/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, Teromaafan said:

Judging from the tone of the interview in SS, Ryan Douglas could be the doubt?!

On 10/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, Teromaafan said:

The rider that can not confirm & sign the 2021 contract is Ellis Perks , He had a main sponsor that covered a good % of his racing costs but due to covid they had to withdraw their sponsorship. It has lead to him being unable to commit to racing in 2021 because a huge hole in his financial status. 

7 minutes ago, Lionspride said:

The rider that can not confirm & sign the 2021 contract is Ellis Perks , He had a main sponsor that covered a good % of his racing costs but due to covid they had to withdraw their sponsorship. It has lead to him being unable to commit to racing in 2021 because a huge hole in his financial status. 

Hope he gets help elsewhere them. I really rate Ellis Perks who is a rider who is still capable of improving  and going on to become a top rider.

48 minutes ago, Lionspride said:

There could be a few more riders find themselves in the same situation regarding sponsors the way things are going with the economy,things are going to get worse before getting better.IMO.

47 minutes ago, Lionspride said:

I know the scale is not the same, but this reminds me of Workington closing after winning three trophies.

34 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I know the scale is not the same, but this reminds me of Workington closing after winning three trophies.

Think the Clubs will have to rethink pay rates over the next couple of seasons given the situation( Club Sponsors ect).That might affect the riders situation as full time occupation.

A few Clubs, Glasgow and Redcar from memory, seem to have confirmed same 1 to 7 as last year, Leicester have confirmed 6 of the 7. 

Do wonder if some Clubs are struggling to confirm riders and others may be waiting to see what others do?.

Be good to hear some plans before Christmas.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:46 AM, Fromafar said:

Think the Clubs will have to rethink pay rates over the next couple of seasons given the situation( Club Sponsors ect).That might affect the riders situation as full time occupation.

Ideal opportunity for Speedway to introduce a cost cap next season and I'm not talking about what the riders get paid but what they're allowed to spend

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Ideal opportunity for Speedway to introduce a cost cap next season and I'm not talking about what the riders get paid but what they're allowed to spend

Sadly We don’t have the leadership at theTop of the Sport to Govern these things like Spending Costs and Riders Pay.IMO

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Sadly We don’t have the leadership at the Top of the Sport to Govern these things like Spending Costs and Riders Pay. IMO

Its not the "Top" of the sport it purveys right through it

Regards
THJ

• Like 2