British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

15 hours ago, Gemini said:

Even the fans get a mention! :t:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:54 PM, Gemini said:

No rumours? Maybe not, but a subtle hint..a few short posts back.

BrizHeathen- I do hope that you and the family  will be a regular at Beaumont Park in 2020 and I do think it will be a good move for your boy.

As confirmed at the Leicester end of season presentation team plans are well advanced with some familiar faces set to return along with some new exciting riders to join the club. Let’s remember it’s a long winter so fans and management are still enjoying the success of 2019

Edited by flagrag

52 minutes ago, Lionsman66 said:

I see Scotty won't be returning to the Lions den in 2020!!

Going to be a mad frenzy for Scotty.

Could the Brummies possibly fit in Scott and Bomber?

Likely South Coast I'd imagine, Poole ; Eastbourne ; Kent in that order...???

1 hour ago, Lionsman66 said:

Probably the best decision for all kinds of reasons apart from the BT Sport thing. Think back to Joe Screen at Glasgow, there are some similarities I think and maybe Dickson has that in mind too. 

It's a real shame the Lions didn't get Scotty Nicholls on board many years ago, I'm sure he would be leaving now with the club having been better for his prescence over a longer time period. 

Massive thanks to the departing Scott Nicholls for his efforts as a rider and as our influential captain in Season 2019 - huge respect for the guy as an accomplished speedway rider over many years .... hope the future holds good things for you wherever you end up Scotty !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agreed I think we forget how close Scott got to the very top for a few seasons along with Bomber. Never going to be World Champs I suppose but great careers

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Going to be a mad frenzy for Scotty.

Could the Brummies possibly fit in Scott and Bomber?

Likely South Coast I'd imagine, Poole ; Eastbourne ; Kent in that order...???

Can't see it being Eastbourne as they - like Leicester - are a Saturday track so still clashes with his BT commitments. I would put Kent much higher up the list of possible clubs.

Edited by Skidder1

5 hours ago, Big Al said:

Probably the best decision for all kinds of reasons apart from the BT Sport thing. Think back to Joe Screen at Glasgow, there are some similarities I think and maybe Dickson has that in mind too. 

It's a real shame the Lions didn't get Scotty Nicholls on board many years ago, I'm sure he would be leaving now with the club having been better for his prescence over a longer time period. 

Let's not be too quick to write Scott off, especially at CL level. He captained the side to the Championship and finished top of the averages, he may not be as competitive as he used to be at the highest level but he is one of a handful of riders (in the CL) that have mastered BP and I would pay to watch. The place will be poorer without him.

• Like 1

Stewart will have explored every team possible to his knowledge of the points limit and if Scott has to go go along with others from this year you can be sure the riders that come in will be of higher caliber 

9 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Stewart will have explored every team possible to his knowledge of the points limit and if Scott has to go go along with others from this year you can be sure the riders that come in will be of higher caliber 

within the same limitations as every other club though, depends how you measure "higher caliber" too

7 hours ago, Lionsman66 said:

So who will take his place? Steve Worrall?? , Ricky Wells??or A.N. Other

Edited by KEITH M

57 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

So who will take his place? Steve Worrall?? , Ricky Wells??or A.N. Other

Nick Morris