British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Should the points limit be set to the highest team average from the previous season?

3 hours ago, MattK said:

There are two problems I foresee with that. Firstly, are there riders available for team to strengthen up? Take Peterborough, they finished 8.51 points under Swindon. Who are these mythical 10+ point riders who didn't ride in Britain in 2019, but will next season? Secondly, even if these mythical riders existed, could teams afford them?

There possibly be more GP riders available for 2020 as I have seen that quite a few saying that they are riding in Sweden next year.

Just now, robins les said:

There possibly be more GP riders available for 2020 as I have seen that quite a few saying that they are riding in Sweden next year.

Really? I understood a few said they aren't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foamfence said:

Really? I understood a few said they aren't. 

Around 4 or 5 I think. Apparently Sweden are struggling with the crowds now.

Just now, robins les said:

SWEDEN are struggling but no matter what GP riders don't need to race here. Not everyone is like Jason Doyle who would probably race every night of the week if he could. There are plenty of other good riders who might be tempted to come to the UK .

4 minutes ago, robins les said:

Their biggest mistake has been trying to keep up with the Poles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

They don’t have to build to that level.

All but Boro were competitive this year and Swindon hardly won any away matches and didn’t run away with the league.

So there’s no case for saying that every club would have to sign Vaculik, Zmarzlik or Dudek and risk bankruptcy to be competitive.

One or two marginally better riders could overturn Swindon.

GOOD point (no pun intended)...

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Luckily it seems we don’t have to worry about Ford and his rule bending in our league next year :D

I'll believe it when I see it ;)

The limit should be 45.00 points every year. That way you're not diluting the product and everyone has an equal and fair chance of competing. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, The Stag said:

The limit should be 45.00 points every year. That way you're not diluting the product and everyone has an equal and fair chance of competing. 

Why 45?

Just now, Method said:

The number of race points required to draw?

I had a horrible feeling somebody would say that.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, The Stag said:

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Why 45?

Just now, Method said:

The number of race points required to draw?

The top point makes sense if you are trying to strengthen the product 

Why 45 - see above but it could be anything higher than the 42.50 to achieve that depending in how quickly you want to try to do it

Points to get a draw irrelevant to the average of a team required to achieve that same draw. The calculation for CMA doesn't work that way

2 hours ago, robins les said:

Less top riders will be riding in Sweden next year with Tai and Freddie the next pair to say no.

45 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The top point makes sense if you are trying to strengthen the product 

Why 45 - see above but it could be anything higher than the 42.50 to achieve that depending in how quickly you want to try to do it

Points to get a draw irrelevant to the average of a team required to achieve that same draw. The calculation for CMA doesn't work that way

Surely it’s 42, not 42.5?