British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Should the points limit be set to the highest team average from the previous season?

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Surely it’s 42, not 42.5?

Not necessarily. Heat 15, substitutes and so on can skew the figures. You can get two sides with different total match averages for a meeting even if it was a draw. But 42 or 42.50 is a pretty good balance if you are looking for relatively level sides.

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Should have let Ipswich 98 stay together,,,, would still be winning it now 

Hmm give Ippo a 98 point limit...sounds good!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Not necessarily. Heat 15, substitutes and so on can skew the figures. You can get two sides with different total match averages for a meeting even if it was a draw. But 42 or 42.50 is a pretty good balance if you are looking for relatively level sides.

The equilibrium is actually about 41, since it's the higher scoring figures in Heat 15 and this race decreases their average.

Just looked up the highest averaged riders that rode in the PL this season and ended up without clubs.

They’re all 5 pointers and wouldn’t get Boro above 41, let alone near 46.34.

And that would make it very difficult too for an eighth club to get to 46.34.

Both Boro and the eighth club would have to find a couple of 8 pointers, persuading the likes of Zagar, Vaculik, Woffinden, Lindgren, Magic, Chris Holder or Kildemand and filling in with Smolinski, Sundstrom, Milik etc

3 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

The equilibrium is actually about 41, since it's the higher scoring figures in Heat 15 and this race decreases their average.

41.7 when I modelled it.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

41.7 when I modelled it.

It varies.

EG: Two teams in a 45-45 draw.

Team A;

6 + 3 = 7.2

6+0 = 4.8

Team average 42.00

Team B: (probably a more realistic score chart)

12 + 2 = 11.2

8 + 1 =  7.2

4 from 5 = 3.2

Team average: 39.60

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It varies.

EG: Two teams in a 45-45 draw.

Team A;

6 + 3 = 7.2

6+0 = 4.8

Team average 42.00

Team B: (probably a more realistic score chart)

12 + 2 = 11.2

8 + 1 =  7.2

4 from 5 = 3.2

Team average: 39.60

You can’t pick random figures, you need to go through a race card and make certain assumptions, like number ones beat heat leaders who beat second strings who beat the senior reserve who beat the junior reserve and home riders beat their away counterparts.

Where do all these riders come from for teams to strengthen up to match Swindons average.The only eg I have is that at the start of this season Peterborough lost Cook and he was replaced by Arron Summers which left them 3 points under the limit which caused a lot of fans to be major pd off and condemned them to the wooden spoon before the season started.

Now Cook must be amongst the higher paid riders in our Prem league so if Peterborough could not find from all the riders in Europe 1 replacement for Cook with the higher prem league money that was on offer what chance has every other team finding riders to strengthen up  to match Swindons average.A few of the better off clubs might be able to match it by signing the better riders that ride here now but that would leave a good few teams with the riders that are left and would be well under the limit which would lead to a very unbalanced league

only my opinion but if anyone can tell me how we can get all these riders to come over without breaking the bank I am all ears. 

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You can’t pick random figures, you need to go through a race card and make certain assumptions, like number ones beat heat leaders who beat second strings who beat the senior reserve who beat the junior reserve and home riders beat their away counterparts.

Yeah right. I'm really going to do that. I think you are over thinking it.

It's just two random examples of team averages to show how they can differ. It doesn't need to be from the same match.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It's just two random examples of team averages to show how they can differ. It doesn't need to be from the same match.

OK, no worries.

36 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Hmm give Ippo a 98 point limit...sounds good!!

Dont think I said that,,, I meant team of 98

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Should have let Ipswich 98 stay together,,,, would still be winning it now 

apart from gollob :(

18 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Out of interest, do you think two riders in a team could both score 21 point maximums, for 12 point averages, and one rider 3, for a 4 point average, giving a team average of 27?

Just random scores that add to 45.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Out of interest, do you think two riders in a team could both score 21 point maximums, for 12 point averages, and one rider 3, for a 4 point average, giving a team average of 27?

Just random scores that add to 45.

I think I'll let you work that one out. :)