British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Should the points limit be set to the highest team average from the previous season?

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

You misunderstand my point.  The discussion is about bringing back top riders. With the exception of Lindgren, who says he won't ride in the UK, none of those you mention are in that category. It is in that sense that they are not an improvement. None of them are the top riders that some on here are asking for and in reality are either not likely to come or to be too expensive.  

If I remember correctly, Poole didn't bring back Woryna and possibly Jakobsen because of the cost and had difficulty finding a replacement for Worrall because there was no suitable replacement left in the CL. 

I thought the discussion was about whether seven or eight teams could be built to 46 points on a reasonable budget, not that we had to get the top eight riders in the world!

5 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Lindgren has already made clear he won't ride here. 

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

With the exception of Lindgren, who says he won't ride in the UK, 

Where has this ‘says he won’t ride here’ come from? I’ve not read anything to confirm that.

I don’t think he will be back either just to confirm.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

No idea, but presumably if Swindon can afford those four, another team can afford the other four, even if they cost a bit more? Especially if it means a few more hundred people through the gate and more revenue.

Interesting comment in an interview with Rosco, during the play off final, where he said he might get in trouble with Terry Russell for putting Jason Doyle in heat 15. The indication from that is that Jason is on a higher rate than the others, and the reason he sometimes misses heat 15 is a financial one.

51 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Where has this ‘says he won’t ride here’ come from? I’ve not read anything to confirm that.

I don’t think he will be back either just to confirm.

Philip Rising said on this thread that Lindgren will not be riding in Sweden,  that he wants to concentrate on the World Championship and that he will only ride in one league.

I think it safe to say that will be Poland and therefore that he will not be riding in the UK and that the information must have come from Lindgren or a reliable source close to him.  otherwise,  I very much doubt that Philip Rising would have put what he did on here. 

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Just now, Aces51 said:

Philip Rising said on this thread that Lindgren will not be riding in Sweden,  that he wants to concentrate on the World Championship and that he will only ride in one league.

I think it safe to say that will be Poland and therefore that he will not be riding in the UK and that the information must have come from Lindgren or a reliable source close to him. 

Unless he was talking about Woffinden.   :)

On 10/24/2019 at 3:52 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Freddie ... if you talking Lindgren he isn't even racing in Sweden next year. 

On 10/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, Call me wolfie said:

I'm well aware of that, and for his reasons in not riding in Sweden next year, which makes him more likely to be tempted back to the UK, in my opinion

On 10/24/2019 at 7:23 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

HE says he wants to concentrate all his efforts on winning the World Championship and that means racing in just one league. 

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Unless he was talking about Woffinden.   :)

Seems clear to me he is referring to Lindgren.

• Like 1

Bin the averages let teams sign who they want  lets try it for a season or two . Don t think theirs a team in Britain that could afford for example woffy smarzlik Emil Doyle laguta all in one team . Speedway in Britain must be the only sport where if you win the league you are punished and have to break up a winning side 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Seems clear to me he is referring to Lindgren.

I thought Woffinden had already said he was only riding in Poland next year. 

8 hours ago, Grachan said:

Interesting comment in an interview with Rosco, during the play off final, where he said he might get in trouble with Terry Russell for putting Jason Doyle in heat 15. The indication from that is that Jason is on a higher rate than the others, and the reason he sometimes misses heat 15 is a financial one.

Who would have thought that the star man and GP rider would be on more money than the others !!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Who would have thought that the star man and GP rider would be on more money than the others !!

Yeah, fancy that, eh. The point is, Jason gets a bit of criticism for often missing heat 15, but it may not be his decision and Swindon might have to cut their cloth slightly to afford him.

13 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I think it safe to say that will be Poland and therefore that he will not be riding in the UK and that the information must have come from Lindgren or a reliable source close to him.  otherwise,  I very much doubt that Philip Rising would have put what he did on here. 

Saw that and I’d agree. Just haven’t seen it confirmed by Fred. But like you say Phil isn’t likely to be wrong. 

20 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Saw that and I’d agree. Just haven’t seen it confirmed by Fred. But like you say Phil isn’t likely to be wrong. 

FREDDIE is on record as saying that he will only ride in Poland in 2020 and that he feels this is his best chance of concentrating all his efforts on winning the World Championship. Woffinden is doing the same. As is Emil. Others, like Doyle, like to ride as often as possible.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:07 AM, Aces51 said:

You say it's a mantra that which isn't actually true but then give a list of riders who, Lindgren apart, wouldn't qualify as the best riders in the world, some would struggle to be heat leaders in the UK and Lindgren has already made clear he won't ride here. 

As for Somerset, hardly a good example considering that at the end of 2018 they opted to return to the CL. I doubt they would have done that if they're season at the top level had been a financial success.

Edited by jakekx
Thought better of it

On 10/25/2019 at 7:46 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Heat 15 is still included- you just need to be able to understand maths at a slightly higher level than a primary school starter to work it out

Yes heat 15 is included but then the average shows for 4 rides not 5. No need to throw insults about it is not necessary.

1 hour ago, robins les said:

Yes heat 15 is included but then the average shows for 4 rides not 5. No need to throw insults about it is not necessary.

Was a generic comment and not aimed at you specifically Les - apologies if it came across that way

I've lost count of the number of posts around heat 15 not being included/45 points needed to draw so should be limit etc