British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Should the points limit be set to the highest team average from the previous season?

On 11/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, DC2 said:

Protection is bad. Look at Anders Rowe this year. 

He started on a 2 point average and went up to 4.38 despite going into the main body of the team.

Imagine the advantage Somerset would have had if he had been protected from moving up. He’d have beaten all of the other teams’ 2 point reserves home and away throughout the season.

I’d be happy for them to be given the first third of the season at reserve but no more.

Protection works well in Poland, however some teams have a distinct advantage!

On 11/12/2019 at 5:25 PM, DC2 said:

I don’t know how hard Peterborough looked.

Ipswich persuaded NKI and it seems that Sheffield might have attracted Nicki P.

I bet you would have said those signings were impossible!

Where is this rumour that Nicki P might be going to Sheffield?

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Protection works well in Poland, however some teams have a distinct advantage!

Nice little loan fee for us if he does :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Nice little loan fee for us if he does :D

True, I think there is more chance of Ole Olsen coming out of retirement than Nicki riding here. :D

On 11/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, DC2 said:

Protection is bad. Look at Anders Rowe this year. 

He started on a 2 point average and went up to 4.38 despite going into the main body of the team.

Imagine the advantage Somerset would have had if he had been protected from moving up. He’d have beaten all of the other teams’ 2 point reserves home and away throughout the season.

I’d be happy for them to be given the first third of the season at reserve but no more.

Anders actually scored more stable points at number 2 than as a reserve being at number 6 especially away from home  is a tough ask in the Championship.At the time i thought Gary May was taking a huge gamble with Anders at. number two as i thought it might of shot his confidence to bits a similar scenario to the  young Drew Kemp.But it just shows you the talent Anders has and he took it in his stride a future Robin of the future..

On 11/15/2019 at 11:13 AM, stevebrum said:

Not a rumour now, Steve.

You see, British speedway can bring back foreign riders.

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Not a rumour now, Steve.

You see, British speedway can bring back foreign riders.

Where is it official? It’s not on the official website yet. I’ve seen something mocked up that’s been released. 

It’s a prank by the way. Who have we attracted back to British Speedway?-_-

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

On 11/18/2019 at 1:29 PM, stevebrum said:

Where is it official? It’s not on the official website yet. I’ve seen something mocked up that’s been released. 

It’s a prank by the way. Who have we attracted back to British Speedway?-_-

Err .... Nicki Pedersen.

Keep up, Steve.   :)

Looking at the teams confirmed so far, and the rumoured teams for those who havent announced yet, is the points limit actually too high this year? 

Lack of number ones throughout the league, it looking more and more likely to be bigger gaps than ever between the top and the bottom, a reduced points limit would have probably tightened it up a bit and led to a far more interesting and competitive league. 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:31 AM, therefused said:

Looking at the teams confirmed so far, and the rumoured teams for those who havent announced yet, is the points limit actually too high this year? 

Lack of number ones throughout the league, it looking more and more likely to be bigger gaps than ever between the top and the bottom, a reduced points limit would have probably tightened it up a bit and led to a far more interesting and competitive league. 

And it wouldve been 4 points higher had Swindon got their way!! That couldve been farcical