British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

MACEC cup

This competition features riders from Central European countries with rounds in 2019 staged in  Hungary, Poland, Romania and Czech Rep. It looks as if riders also ride from Bulgaria, Slovakia  and Ukraine.

I know several British fans have an extensive list of tracks visited on their CV, so was wondering if Braila Romania has been crossed off any lists

Edited by racers and royals

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

This competition features riders from Central European countries with rounds in 2019 staged in  Hungary, Poland, Romania and Czech Rep. It looks as if riders also ride from Bulgaria, Slovakia  and Ukraine.

I know several British fans have an extensive list of tracks visited on their CV, so was wondering if Braila Romania has been crossed off any lists

Hi Tim

I went to Braila in July for rounds one and two of the Romanian Championships. Seven riders riding each other twice with 3 riders per race.

Adrian Gheorge won on both days but the second day was curtailed from 14 heats to 7.

I was made very welcome in Braila and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Hi Tim

I went to Braila in July for rounds one and two of the Romanian Championships. Seven riders riding each other twice with 3 riders per race.

Adrian Gheorge won on both days but the second day was curtailed from 14 heats to 7.

I was made very welcome in Braila and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

Did you fly to Bucharest, and then take the train to Braila ?

1 hour ago, jeffster said:

Did you fly to Bucharest, and then take the train to Braila ?

I did fly to Bucharest but then hired a car. 

The journey was about 145 miles each way about half of which was motorway. Overall it took just over 3 hours going mainly due to Friday ‘rush hour’ traffic. Coming back on a Sunday was a bit quicker!

Expanding this topic slightly i suppose Norway and Finland are Countries where tracks could be  un-visited(by the Brits) 5 in Norway ? and FSP would confirm Finland(at least 5 ?)

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Expanding this topic slightly i suppose Norway and Finland are Countries where tracks could be  un-visited(by the Brits) 5 in Norway ? and FSP would confirm Finland(at least 5 ?)

Hi Tim

In Norway I have done Mjosa, Oslo, Skien and Kristiansand so I just need Elgane for the full set.

In Finland I'm sorry to say I have only done a GP at Tampere so I need to work on that a bit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Hi Tim

In Norway I have done Mjosa, Oslo, Skien and Kristiansand so I just need Elgane for the full set.

In Finland I'm sorry to say I have only done a GP at Tampere so I need to work on that a bit!

Impressive Eddie!!

On 10/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, racers and royals said:

I've been to Elgane. :t:

This season we had racing at Hyvinkää, Varkaus, Haapajärvi, Kuusankoski, Seinäjoki, Kauhajoki and Pori.

Pori is to close now, highly unlikely Yyteri see's another speedway bike but I'm told a new track is coming and happening. To these you can Nokia that had meetings in 2017 and 2018 and for the opener at Nokia we had our British friends from Felixstowe and also a fellow from Hungary. Lahti was closed sometime ago but Kaanaa/Tampere was used for practise again this season after a loooong break.

• Like 1