British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MartinBSN

Mikkel Bech

11 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

At wolves in place of howarth I'd imagine 

I hope not.

6.26 with Wolves in 2016 is latest average I can find.

1 minute ago, Col said:

6.26 with Wolves in 2016 is latest average I can find.

That's the last time he rode here, quit midway through the season due to personal problems, replaced with PK.

Strangely 12 months ago it was suggested Bech would be riding UK in 2019!!? That went well too.

Edited by Skidder1

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Strangely 12 months ago it was suggested Bech would be riding UK in 2019!!? That went well too.

But did he say it last year? As Bech put on Twitter that is interested in the UK next year.

shame clubs can't think about sorting track surfaces etc with tv money instead of wages, better racing will keep people happy

• Like 7

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, stevehone said:

shame clubs can't think about sorting track surfaces etc with tv money instead of wages, better racing will keep people happy

And that's something so many of the Promoters won't even have considered..

Mikkel Bech, (no disrespect intended as it could be any one of hundreds of riders), will not inspire too many 'ex fans' to the tracks, nor resonate with anyone who doesn't attend Speedway but have a vague recollection of the sport..

Get the on track (and off track), entertainment sorted out and you will have a far greater chance of growing your custom, regardless of who the competitors are...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

Pretty sure there is no "TV Money" 

As previously stated Eurosport doesn't pay for BSB so they wouldn't be paying for SpeedwayGB either.

45 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Pretty sure there is no "TV Money" 

As previously stated Eurosport doesn't pay for BSB so they wouldn't be paying for SpeedwayGB either.

Seen it mentioned that it's £50k per Premiership club per season.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Seen it mentioned that it's £50k per Premiership club per season.

Where did you see that?

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Where did you see that?

I was sent it the other day be someone I know,

I have seen on polish media that a few of their sponsors are interested in backing our league due to Eurosport coverage 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I was sent it the other day be someone I know,

I have seen on polish media that a few of their sponsors are interested in backing our league due to Eurosport coverage 

Perhaps Tai,s franchise with a Polish scented candle company will lead to some sponsorship.                              Apparently he's testing the water selling the product around the East Midlands to garden centre's and flower shops.    Seems a strange sort of item to me for a speedway rider to get involved in.

• Haha 1

Can pretty much guarantee that Eurosport will not be paying £50k per team when as I repeat they do not provide any funding to British Superbike which is a far superior bike racing championship than what British Speedway is,   as what BSB do with the Eurosport coverage perhaps the BSPA will encourage a few additional series sponsors through the channel and its overall network.

The figures of £400-£500k investment for a 8-10 team league is not just a little bit far fetched but total fantasy.

The overall position is that the Eurosport coverage can attract more interest in foreign markets although Speedway is only really popular in a dozen or so countries, the potential reach may help the series, clubs and riders gain more sponsorship.

The only time I could ever see any polish league sponsors jumping onboard is by endorsing on the polish riders racing over here and I can't see that happening during the duration of this Eurosport deal, much more progressing matters to deal with than getting the top riders over.

• Like 1