British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Anders Michanek - Swedish career

Have posted this in International Speedway, but thought I was also post in this section, just in case someone doesn't see the other one.

I’m currently putting together an article for Backtrack magazine.  Tony McDonald interviewed Anders Michanek in 2004, and Mich mentioned he was still riding for Rospiggarna at the age of 53 in 1996.  Looking at Wikipedia, it suggests that his year at Rosppigarna was 1989.

I have Anders’ Swedish career as:

1965-1966          Gamarna              (second division)

1967-1983            Getingarna          (first division)

1984-1985            Gamarna             (which league?)

1989                       Rospiggarna       (which league?)

I would be very grateful in anyone could fill in any gaps, and also if they have the details (date, location, opposition, points scored by Mich, result of match) of what they believe was his very final professional appearance. 

Also, did Mich ride EVERY year for Getingarna between 1967 and 1983, or were there certain seasons which he had to miss due to his British/continental commitments?

Thanks in advance for any help that people can provide.

Good luck with the article about Anders...one of the giants when I first went to speedway and a constant thorn when in oppostion to 'The Rebels'!

Could it have been a testimonial or  veterans challenge meeting ? Especially if Banger was also involved. Rather than an official fixture

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1