British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
martinmauger

Speedway On 'The Chase'

16 hours ago, chunky said:

So, are we blaming Poole for killing Bullseye now??? :rofl:

They seem to get the blame for everything else that has ever happened.....  :D

Different programme, different channel but why start  a new thread, I say?  Barry Briggs was a Pointless answer on a TV quiz with a similar name this evening. Richard Osman referring to him as a speedway rider. I wonder if anyone on this forum may have heard of him. 

I have heard of Barry Briggs, you might say that.  One of my uncles, after many years of hearing me prattle on about speedway (guilty), one day out of the blue said "Did I ever mention I used to watch speedway, at Wimbledon when I worked in London, someone called Barry Briggs rode for them".  No, he hadn't....

(Now in correct thread....)

Edited by martinmauger
corrected info
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

Different programme, different channel but why start  a new thread, I say?  Barry Briggs was a Pointless answer on a TV quiz with a similar name this evening. Richard Osman referring to him as a speedway rider. I wonder if anyone on this forum may have heard of him. 

4 times World Champion in a glittering career. Might be worth doing some reading......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Briggs

Pleased to see the humour bypass operation was a success. :D

• Haha 1

Can't stand Pointless. I hate repetition and  Alexander Armstrong reads out the long options twice. Why? Just why?!  I would probably be interested in Tenable but the blinking clanging noise annoys me too much. I guess I have a low irritability threshold. :D  I am enjoying Richard Osman's House of Games at the moment and will watch Eggheads when it comes back.

25 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Can't stand Pointless. I hate repetition and  Alexander Armstrong reads out the long options twice. Why? Just why?!  I would probably be interested in Tenable but the blinking clanging noise annoys me too much. I guess I have a low irritability threshold. :D  I am enjoying Richard Osman's House of Games at the moment and will watch Eggheads when it comes back.

Have you seen the new quiz...... Cashtrapped with Bradley Walsh.  Different from you normal quiz programmes. On now, 5pm ITV Friday

Missed that. :( Just checked TV book and it's on every weekday so will have to  record it next week. Thanks for the reminder as it looks interesting and I like Bradley Walsh.