British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

17 hours ago, jenga said:

roll on workington speedway in 2021 ?

Why jenga? Are there indications of a revival?

we live in hope  . but if we all let it fade away , it WILL die  :o never . to return in my lifetime anyhow :angry:

Reading about new owners and supposedly exciting times for British Speedway going forward does nothing to lift the mood of Worky fans facing a long winter with nothing to look forward to next season.  Oh for someone with the wherewithal to bring it back. Sure the great custodian that was Ian Thomas will be looking sadly down. Now then where did I put those anti-depressants.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Workington man apparently he can solve Brexit ? But can''t bring Speedway back to town ?come on Comets if you can solve Brexit you can get Speedway back in Worky no bloody problem !

Edited by the outsider

53 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Workington man apparently he can solve Brexit ? But can''t bring Speedway back to town ?come on Comets if you can solve Brexit you can get Speedway back in Worky no bloody problem !

i dont think thats got anything to do with Brexit . 

Interview with ty procter in this weeks "ss" doesnt make pleasant reading about last season, if anything it makes winning 3 trophys more remarkable.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, geoff100 said:

Interview with ty procter in this weeks "ss" doesnt make pleasant reading about last season, if anything it makes winning 3 trophys more remarkable.

Haven't seen that interview.......but I still even now can see him coming through the pits gate into car park, we nearly collided, and despite all the euphoria of winning a trophy that night he had proper 'face ache'....to the extent that I almost asked what's the prob?...but quickly decided I wasn't gonna risk it.......

16 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Haven't seen that interview.......but I still even now can see him coming through the pits gate into car park, we nearly collided, and despite all the euphoria of winning a trophy that night he had proper 'face ache'....to the extent that I almost asked what's the prob?...but quickly decided I wasn't gonna risk it.......

Proctor alleges in his Speedway star interview that he and his teammates are still owed money by Workington.

4 minutes ago, screm said:

Proctor alleges in his Speedway star interview that he and his teammates are still owed money by Workington.

Think most Speedway fans would know that.Even fans are still owed money!

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think most Speedway fans would know that.Even fans are still owed money!

I thought that in these instances the bond that the Workington promotion would have paid to the BSPA when they took over the club would take care of these kind of things. You wonder how far down the list outstanding payments to riders actually is.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, screm said:

I thought that in these instances the bond that the Workington promotion would have paid to the BSPA when they took over the club would take care of these kind of things. You wonder how far down the list outstanding payments to riders actually is.

Bottom of the pile, usually nothing left after bspa fees have been taken out.

22 minutes ago, screm said:

maybe any bond/assets are frozen by the HMRC  or whoever pulled the plug on the club ..

I sure miss Workington when I used to travel over. It's great to see Worky fans over at Redcar and Newcastle to get their Speedway fix even though it's not the same as watching from Derwent Park. I can live in hope that the Euro Millions comes through:D

• Like 2

I think that speedway might have a chance if fresh management were to take it on board.I was at the last meetings in 2018 and was looking forward to attending in 2019,even brought my 12 month old grandson and he loved it.therefore we can live in hope that it does return

• Like 1