British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Blah blah blah blah same old pony...

Ya didn't do the first request whey ya were told to find a ditch...

Love ya xxx

Regards

THJ

couldnt find a ditch without water in in . 

love ya too babes  xyz !  ( ask yer missus) 

13 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

She got cancer and died a few year back now... but never mind eh... oh and what a told ya in that PM it will happen...

You have my word in that...

Regards

THJ

sorry to hear that john .

25 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Blah blah blah blah same old pony...

Ya didn't do the first request whey ya were told to find a ditch...

Love ya xxx

Regards

THJ

Guys give it a rest !!! What's done is done , there's no point in what happened in the past , it's over !!!  Both of you are going to regret some comments that have been made here by both of yous , so for the love of god ,  SHUT UP !!!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Guys give it a rest !!! What's done is done , there's no point in what happened in the past , it's over !!!  Both of you are going to regret some comments that have been made here by both of yous , so for the love of god ,  SHUT UP !!!

You're okay... like any good soap opera it's come to an abrupt end and is now being continued where it should have been done in the first place by PM...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

Wow not been on forum for a while, seen loads of pages on a Workington thread, thought something good was happening, but found out it's only THJ and Jenga with too much time on their hands !!! Honestly grow up and drop this drivell 

Have to have a look now on Glasgow thread to see if spiders are happy on their own in trophy cabinet :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No Singy you are right Jenga is laal Eddy from Lowca's laal lad.... and that's the main reason why he is so bitter and twisted... because daddy blew his inheritance on the worst team ever fielded by Workington Speedway (1980)... 

Ok..so I do recall this regime, I kept going til the final curtain in 1981.

What I can drag from the vaults of past-time is that Eddie (think that's the correct spelling) had a nice, little, Garage on the outskirts of Lowca (Whitehaven end of village) and next to it was quite a nice house. 

I believe Eddie lost all of that via speedway....like you say THJ his family inheritance...I do recall having sympathy for Eddie.

It's sad that speedway just has a very bad habit of creating financial hardship for those who bravely try to run a team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

failed msg 

Edited by jenga

Nice look back to the fantastic 1976 comets in the "ss" this week , steve lawson shows a true gentleman he is saying how much pride he has in both his sons.

• Like 7

Good memories yesterday passing DP on train.

• Sad 2

On 12/5/2019 at 5:18 PM, auntie doris said:

Good memories yesterday passing DP on train.

It was sad to read Stoney's post on Facebook about his visit to Derwent park last week and how he sat in the now disused pits to reminisce about all the good times,. Its such a shame that the powers that be rushed into ridding as much of the Comets at the stadium so quickly and taking up the track making it virtually impossibke for anyone to come and take on the club without a home. Sadly its looking very likely that the sport could well be lost to the town

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, Liz !!! said:

It was sad to read Stoney's post on Facebook about his visit to Derwent park last week and how he sat in the now disused pits to reminisce about all the good times,. Its such a shame that the powers that be rushed into ridding as much of the Comets at the stadium so quickly and taking up the track making it virtually impossibke for anyone to come and take on the club without a home. Sadly its looking very likely that the sport could well be lost to the town

Town didnt get the new stadium they wanted built at no expence to them so took it out on the comets making sure no one could come in and take over, no time for mark fryer who was to blame am never going to watch town again its haven for me now lol

1 hour ago, Liz !!! said:

I used to go when I lived up there 2004/5, good crowds, and characters such as Stoney, Steady, Wrighty. Shame it's no more, with support dropping off, especially after winning the treble. Some good memories, 2500 there at Stoneys testimonial , and the Fours evenings, and the 3 streakers:DI delivered a car to Lillyhall then caught trains back to Swindon.

• Like 1