British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Is it 50 years of Workington in 2020....

Yes 1st April think was first meeting against Berwick,in the recent era, but speedway was held in Workington earlier than this at Lonsdale park think in the 30s or 40s

6 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yes 1st April think was first meeting against Berwick,in the recent era, but speedway was held in Workington earlier than this at Lonsdale park think in the 30s or 40s

This is true.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, Tosh1218 said:

How do Workington have a section on this, they were a championship side but they will never come back . The promoter messed up so many people this time last. year people like Steve Worrall and when the comets went others got involved ie 

Nike Luna who lost his team place at Newcastle due to the debacle of the Comets promoter .

hope they come back in the future but it will never happen so Moderaters  put this topic out of the Championship section please 

As a London based Speedway fan all I can say is that Workington have more right to be in this section than Poole have in the Premiership section!

Poole Premiership 2020 is 111 pages and counting

Poole Championship 2020 is 64 pages and counting

The two threads should have been amalgamated at the time of the AGM but still have not been.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Says you .your innate rambling is tedious

as are your tedious replies on forums .

33 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

As a London based Speedway fan all I can say is that Workington have more right to be in this section than Poole have in the Premiership section!

Poole Premiership 2020 is 111 pages and counting

Poole Championship 2020 is 64 pages and counting

The two threads should have been amalgamated at the time of the AGM but still have not been.

Any chance of giving me next weks lottery numbers? 2020 can wait.:o:cheers:

14 hours ago, Neila said:

Think u will find it was april 3rd jeff brownhunt let loads of us kids in for nothing that was it we were hooked .

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Think u will find it was april 3rd jeff brownhunt let loads of us kids in for nothing that was it we were hooked .

Thanks Geoff to correct me, late nite memory not good after a few beers

• Thanks 1

btw, reading these posts MANSE is a proper sh1thouse, likes every single derogatory post about Workington and sends a 'confused' like at every somewhat positive one :rofl:

Bet he's one of those losers on the 4th bend at Glasgow, who shout "that's the way to do it" thinking it's hilarious and then give hand gestures to opposing riders...

@MANSE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Marksman said:

btw, reading these posts MANSE is a proper sh1thouse, likes every single derogatory post about Workington and sends a 'confused' like at every somewhat positive one :rofl:

Bet he's one of those losers on the 4th bend at Glasgow, who shout "that's the way to do it" thinking it's hilarious and then give hand gestures to opposing riders...

@MANSE

i have  been saying that for a while . maybe one day his curled up fingers will  move away from his manhood and make their way to the like icon .

wonder how much coin they lost in 1019 ?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i have  been saying that for a while . maybe one day his curled up fingers will  move away from his manhood and make their way to the like icon .

A couple of groats? Not sure how much that equates to in today's money.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, topsoil said:

A couple of groats? Not sure how much that equates to in today's money.  

Ten shillings 

3 hours ago, Marksman said:

@MANSE

4th bend is one of the hospitality cabins so i doubt it , as for the rest of your post i am slightly confused,  in all the years i have attended i have NEVER heard anyone shout anything that resembles what you say.

I am sure he will be distraught at your profiling.

Or perhaps not.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

Why are you concerned about our P&L accounts nothing to do with you.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Why are you concerned about our P&L accounts nothing to do with you.

not concerned at all . i also assume that the workington accounts were nothing to do with you either , but it did not stop you sticking your  two pence worth in , did it ! 

8 minutes ago, Gazc said:

4th bend is one of the hospitality cabins so i doubt it , as for the rest of your post i am slightly confused,  in all the years i have attended i have NEVER heard anyone shout anything that resembles what you say.

I am sure he will be distraught at your profiling.

Or perhaps not.

Coming off the 4th bend onto the straight, under the catering hut. Was there 3 times this season stood around about the same spot each time and the same guy definately started off that chant with his group multiple times each time I was there :t: I could video it for you next season...

I'm only profiling and pointing out what everyone else everyone is thinking

• Like 1