British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Am in me 50's so am not that far behind you... but if any one asks am 39... going on 14...

At the minute everyday is Christmas Day with this lock down... boring...  it's driving me nuts... and no av not opened any whiskey in the last couple of weeks funnily enough... pienpeesman mentioned the other day along with Ruffdiamond that they both were giving the gin a go... so I cracked a bottle of Tanqueray the other night as I hadn't had a G&T for a while and to be fair av quite enjoyed it... saying it's a girls drink...

Regards 

THJ 

Well, if the gin factory is making x-tra strong sanitizer, that'll do for me. If it works on the outside, it must have some impact from the inside. ;)

• Like 1

hey THJ. i thought you were blind sixty in the world timescale , ya know , 5 yrs behind me !  passing yer sen off as a 5o yr old now ? 

anyhow , the guy in the picture  with  the grey coat on is ty proctor . innit ?

dont know who is wearing the grey hat ..

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

THJ was talking about maryport scuffs, was he looking in't mirror ??

No seriously the long haired Dan  bewley is doing a Q+A session on belle view Facebook thingy tomorrow if anybody is interested

• Thanks 1

Funny that as just before the lock down we had a chat with Dan on Row Brow opposite the Old Mill Inn pub in Dearham... he was told to get a hair cut as well... he was out in his push bike getting some fitness training in and at the bottom of Row Brow hill just about to go up it when we nearly knocked him over... oops... had a good craic and hes another nice kid... his old man "Neil Boozer Bewley" is a good un too with worse jokes than me... Honest...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

Good Facebook question and answer  with Dan Bewley

Favourite track Workington, said after 2018 season he would not be riding championship but if he did would only be with Workington.B)

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 2

comets fans off the first turn will be sad to learn that long time fan MICHAEL  TURNER  was buried this week ,mike was their everyweek come rain or shine and allways had time for a crac or if u were lucky u might have got a sweet .thoughts to his family at this sad time .

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

comets fans off the first turn will be sad to learn that long time fan MICHAEL  TURNER  was buried this week ,mike was their everyweek come rain or shine and allways had time for a crac or if u were lucky u might have got a sweet .thoughts to his family at this sad time .

was he the smallish guy who stood on his own ?

9 hours ago, jenga said:

was he the smallish guy who stood on his own ?

No their is a nice piece about him on the local paper website with pics, he was part of a group who put money on a race in memory of a friend who died young ..

• Thanks 2

Is there a link please as I have looked on the news&star website and I can not see it.

54 minutes ago, soupy said:

Is there a link please as I have looked on the news&star website and I can not see it.

Scroll down headline says " heartfelt tributes to michael "

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Scroll down headline says " heartfelt tributes to michael "

Thank you,Have just read it.Nice read and a nice comment underneath by a reader. RIP Michael

12 minutes ago, soupy said:

Thank you,Have just read it.Nice read and a nice comment underneath by a reader. RIP Michael

That was me :neutral:

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, geoff100 said:

Just seen recently that the former Workington Comets promoter George Graham has sadly passed away. He was a lovely man and gave 100% to both the Comets and Workington Town RLFC, being at one stage the chairman of the RL club. I knew him well via both of those sporting involvements and he was always a true gentleman. RIP George.

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Just seen recently that the former Workington Comets promoter George Graham has sadly passed away. He was a lovely man and gave 100% to both the Comets and Workington Town RLFC, being at one stage the chairman of the RL club. I knew him well via both of those sporting involvements and he was always a true gentleman. RIP George.

He was Barrow promoter as well. It was at the re-union in  June 2016.Did well to beat the disease for-just under 4 years.R.l.P George Graham

Edited by soupy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soupy said:

He was Barrow promoter as well. It was at the re-union in  June 2016.Did well to beat the disease for-just under 4 years.R.l.P George Graham

Forgot re Barrow....and I didn't know of an illness.

The last time I saw George, and briefly spoke, was when he attended my wife's funeral in 2012.

I remember going to Eastbourne for a second leg knockout cup final 1970 something, his wife sat with us - Comets well beaten but George took it well and smiled all through it with great dignity. Lovely guy.