British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

30 minutes ago, jenga said:

do you think that the gems and yourself deserved a mention . maybe there were more important things going on. 

Just won the PL title, and opened the doors for about 10 riders from Worky, starting the careers of both Craig and John along with Willie Lawson Jamie Robertson, Ritchie Hall, Carl Shield, Kris Irving and many more. What did you ever do that was anywhere near important.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Except there was no mention of a certain team who gave them their start in team speedway. Yes, Newcastle Gems and myself.

34 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just won the PL title, and opened the doors for about 10 riders from Worky, starting the careers of both Craig and John along with Willie Lawson Jamie Robertson, Ritchie Hall, Carl Shield, Kris Irving and many more. What did you ever do that was anywhere near important.

Dave, sometimes you can just do things because you want to do it, and not just to get a pat on the back ;)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

once bought a 99 mr whppy wid a flake in it and gave it away to my friend .

Whoooo comets top the forum league again, thanks to the Brummie fan stopping us going off the page :party:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

A bet you had a LICK tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

Did you give it to THJ :blink:

47 minutes ago, Neila said:

You bad man ... a wouldn't  want the skin off his...

Shhhh...

... Rice pudding... let alone a 99...

An that was typed through clenched teeth.... Honest...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

A bet you had a LICK tho

you have to test it out and a lick stops it from running out of the cone

6 hours ago, Neila said:

something tells me he has already had enough ice cream .

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You bad man ... a wouldn't  want the skin off his...

Shhhh...

... Rice pudding... let alone a 99...

An that was typed through clenched teeth.... Honest...

Regards 

THJ 

dont worry , you are not the first inline to have it . you will have to line up like everyone else .

On a visit to "cadburys world" in the big red bus was told they were "99s" because when the flakes were first boxed there was 99 flakes in the box and the name stuck .

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

On a visit to "cadburys world" in the big red bus was told they were "99s" because when the flakes were first boxed there was 99 flakes in the box and the name stuck .

Maybe they were meant to have 100 flakes in a box, but someone always ate one as they put them in???,,, (just to test them like) ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Unfortunately you bought the "soft soap" there Geoff as they come in Gross boxes (i.e. 144 pieces) when we done "Cadbury World" many years back with the kids we were told "it was because a Flake was made up with 99 layers of chocolate and this was an ad campaign in the 30s" and the other story we got was that "the Flake was number 99 on the order form of Cadbury's products" both of which I suspect are the same as the "99 in a box" quote... Just BS...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dave, sometimes you can just do things because you want to do it, and not just to get a pat on the back ;)

That's rather missing the point but Neil. As you know, my efforts with the training of Newcastle kids was always about bringing on young riders for the future with the Diamonds, as you should already know from your experience with me. It is certainly known by most people at Brough, seeing I have put my time, effort and a lot of money into kids training since our first Gems team was set up by me in 2002. It certainly doesn't deserve the sly comment about 'trying to get a pat on the back " for doing it. :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That's rather missing the point but Neil. As you know, my efforts with the training of Newcastle kids was always about bringing on young riders for the future with the Diamonds, as you should already know from your experience with me. It is certainly known by most people at Brough, seeing I have put my time, effort and a lot of money into kids training since our first Gems team was set up by me in 2002. It certainly doesn't deserve the sly comment about 'trying to get a pat on the back " for doing it. :(

Sorry Dave, a put the little funny face on the end mate, wasn't trying to have a dig.:t:

• Thanks 1