British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

The council have plans to put a carvan park down northside for our friends who dont like paying taxes or clearing up after themselves " cant say gypsies these days i have a sore knee" so could be a prob, would love to see something like "redcar" only thing bothers me is national league racing after being used to the best.

14 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The council have plans to put a carvan park down northside for our friends who dont like paying taxes or clearing up after themselves " cant say gypsies these days i have a sore knee" so could be a prob, would love to see something like "redcar" only thing bothers me is national league racing after being used to the best.

Surely NDL racing is better than NO racing?  It may lead to the club moving up in the future, providing fans back it by turning up, of course?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The best"? Workington were in the second division.  Anyway, I can assure you that when Birmingham went into the NL in 2015, the racing was excellent, and served as a springboard to return to professional racing. Anyone who refuses to watch NL racing is merely cutting off their nose to spite their face.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Surely NDL racing is better than NO racing?  It may lead to the club moving up in the future, providing fans back it by turning up, of course?

I would turn up no probs as u say steve it depends how many others do but lets not put it down before it starts i wish the lad all the best will be one of the first in the queue on opening night .

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I'll make a prediction now.

Half the current Championship will be looking very closely at NDL for next season if there is no guarantee 2021 starts on time.

I would think likes of Berwick, Birmingham, Eastbourne; Kent; Newcastle and Redcar might consider NDL as better than nothing at all in those circumstances.

Sit out a year in 2021 in NDL to keep their ships afloat.

NDL could save many Clubs

3 minutes ago, *JJ said:

"The best"? Workington were in the second division.  Anyway, I can assure you that when Birmingham went into the NL in 2015, the racing was excellent, and served as a springboard to return to professional racing. Anyone who refuses to watch NL racing is merely cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Think u will find the comets were the best in 2018, that team could have giving many a premier team a run for their mone!

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I'll make a prediction now.

Half the current Championship will be looking very closely at NDL for next season if there is no guarantee 2021 starts on time.

I would think likes of Berwick, Birmingham, Eastbourne; Kent; Newcastle and Redcar might consider NDL as better than nothing at all in those circumstances.

Sit out a year in 2021 in NDL to keep their ships afloat.

NDL could save many Clubs

OR the Championship could stop employing so many  Div 1 riders and save some dosh while maintaining a v entertaining standard of racing

• Like 4

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

Some of the very best racing I have seen at the NSS has been delivered by the NL lads..

The days of 'wobblers' and 'all fall downers' are long gone...

And a very reasonable admission price point too..

• Like 3

one or maybe 2 double downers, everyone else would have to go semi pro. Even in the days of 3/4000 at Cleveland Park in the 2nd Div the riders had jobs. 

If Workington had regular viable crowds in its last years of operation they wouldn't of closed and would still be operating out of Derwent Park! - The old adage of use it or lose it certainly applies in this instance.

I remember in the 80's right through to 2002 King's Lynn speedway struggled along year after year in the top flight with supporters saying it was top flight or nothing. I think the King's Lynn owners wanted to drop down into the old National League as early as 1986 but supporters always had the attitude of not wanting it so managed to convince the promotion to not do it. - Fast forward to 2003, after another poor struggling top flight campaign in 2002 King's Lynn finally bit the bullet and dropped down which was a blessing in disguise as the move revitalised the club and eventually led to the club returning to the top flight! - Nearby Ipswich have also had a new lease of life after dropping down a couple of times and then eventually returning to the top flight!

Top flight racing isn't the be all and end all. Us in East Anglia know that very well cause more often than not NL fare at West Row on a Sunday afternoon is better value than top flight racing at nearby Ipswich and King's Lynn!

Anyway my original team in speedway Norwich Stars have been absent now since 1964, a whopping 56 years and counting. I think 3rd Division speedway in Norwich would be welcomed with open arms!

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The council have plans to put a caravan park down northside for our friends who don't like paying taxes or clearing up after themselves 

The current Cabinet? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 25yearfan said:

If Workington had regular viable crowds in its last years of operation they wouldn't of closed and would still be operating out of Derwent Park! - The old adage of use it or lose it certainly 

After laura pulled out no one else got a chance to use derwent park the rugby pulled up the track so the reds could play sunday league football , a track that had been in place since 1970, i was allways sure someone would have taken it on 

Sadly too typical. There's a chance, against all odds for Workington to come back and all most of the BSF can do is try to prove it won't happen. Then as icing on the foul cake start speculating negatively about the 2021 season over six months before that season starts.

I've lost my team twice, at Rayleigh at Rye House. Idf someone came up with a plan for a new home my only thought would be "How can I help", not "How can I put everybody off".

Shameful. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Sadly too typical. There's a chance, against all odds for Workington to come back and all most of the BSF can do is try to prove it won't happen. Then as icing on the foul cake start speculating negatively about the 2021 season over six months before that season starts.

I've lost my team twice, at Rayleigh at Rye House. Idf someone came up with a plan for a new home my only thought would be "How can I help", not "How can I put everybody off".

Shameful. 

Its called being realistic ...nothing shameful about that at all

43 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Shameful. 

"Shameful" your way off the mark this time as others are saying being realistic and i cant see any posts on this comets forum against 2021.their is alot to do at northside to create a track and spectator facilities , i and am sure lots will be more than willing to " get stuck in".