Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

quote from ty proctor in this week's speedway star, What is your most memorable meeting you have been involved in ? The night we won the 1st trophy of our treble at Workington  he must have a soft spot for the comets especially after some of the dummy spitting out antics at times !! But as they say H18tory  :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Neila said:

quote from ty proctor in this week's speedway star, What is your most memorable meeting you have been involved in ? The night we won the 1st trophy of our treble at Workington  he must have a soft spot for the comets especially after some of the dummy spitting out antics at times !! But as they say H18tory  :D

When he's in the mood he's easily a 9 point rider in the championship & a 5 to 6 pointer in the prem.. But as you say his dummy comes out quite a lot.. but the talent is there no doubt

• Like 3

For anyone interested and can get a copy of Xmas speedway star, Tony Jackson is this week's greatest gaffer !! A good read

• Like 1

something tells me it will B as rare as rocking horse `````````.... 

Edited by jenga

On 11/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, Neila said:

Think his ride at Glasgow after he had fallen and done his shoulder again was the ride of the season for him,certainly won them the victory overall.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, jenga said:

something tells me it will B as rare as rocking horse `````````.... 

Jenga for your information many people in the area still subscribe to the speedway star, and I think several shops still stock it, do not that rare I believe

i was never one to subscribe to the star . also had a good few given to me on a regular bases ,  cos i am a tight ar$e . but maybe one day i may walk  into WH Smiths in Whitehaven and try and pick onE up . until then i will get info from here. and word of mouth . 

Merry Christmas . roll 2022 .

Edited by jenga
cant spell , as you know

Jacko must be the greatest gaffer because him and the mighty comets made H18TORY in 2018 :party:

Edited by Neila
Predicted text
  • Like 2

On 12/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, jenga said:

maybe one day i may walk  into WH Smiths in Whitehaven and try and pick onE up .

Good luck with that venture Marra...I live in this 'jamland' and have not seen a Speedway Star in WHS for a long long while....shops in  nearby Worky still have it though.....

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 2:50 PM, singy13 said:

Good luck with that venture Marra...I live in this 'jamland' and have not seen a Speedway Star in WHS for a long long while....shops in  nearby Worky still have it though.....

i can see the shops in the other jamland still being sold from the 70s !  would i be able to get some up to date S.S.s from a wurky charity shop or even a local wucky shop selling up to date copies . ? 

roll on 22 !

On 12/30/2020 at 8:13 PM, jenga said:

i can see the shops in the other jamland still being sold from the 70s !  would i be able to get some up to date S.S.s from a wurky charity shop or even a local wucky shop selling up to date copies . ? 

roll on 22 !

Try supermarkets Morrisons always seem to have them on the magazine sections

• Thanks 1

Only problem Liz, Jenga has short arms and deep pockets so won't buy a speedway star :D

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Only problem Liz, Jenga has short arms and deep pockets so won't buy a speedway star :D

thats not true. i can reach the top shelf. oops .

but i have trouble bending down and foraging through the gardening stuff to get what i want .

big trouble in little America . at the moment . 

going to put an all nighter in watching the news etc ...

Edited by jenga

Adding my 2p's worth cos I can't sleep and I'm bored, but tis true re; America, I have relatives in Florida who report "it's too cold to go outside".  Down to 75C during the day, :o the poor luvvies.  But seriously, a bad situation occuired at the Capitol....