British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

Another good article with jacko in this weeks speedway star, on about his various battles in 2020, good news that he is still staying healthy and safe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Another good article with jacko in this weeks speedway star, on about his various battles in 2020, good news that he is still staying healthy and safe.

I worked on the buses for a while with jackos day allways had a smile on his face.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, geoff100 said:

I worked on the buses for a while with jackos day allways had a smile on his face.

Can remember him driving the buses when I was going to school, always having a laugh with us kids

Edited by Neila
Word change

22 hours ago, Neila said:

What an awful 12 months he has endured.:(

• Like 1

Had a walk down a few weeks ago,as part of my lockdown walks, yes lots of work ongoing, but think the people who run it should be left to make an announcement when they are ready !! 

Yippee comets back on 1st page, but some people on the forum will want us removed :party:

28 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yippee comets back on 1st page, but some people on the forum will want us removed :party:

How old are these pictures. It doesn't show any pits or other buildings. 

22 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

How old are these pictures. It doesn't show any pits or other buildings. 

Pictures taken very recently. There’s no pits or other buildings because they are not there!

Track has been made a lot bigger (when it’s completed ) lots of ongoing work. 

• Like 2

looks similar to what Milton Keynes did with Elfield Park

Genuine question(s) and not wishing to stir just know. Did the Comets go into administration or just opt out of running due to finances and stadium issues? The reason i ask is that its not always a straight forward to bring teams back that have folded otherwise half of the promotions would be trying the same trick and starting up under another name. I guess there is absolutely no reason why the Northside Comets couldn't operate out of a new venue.

16 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Genuine question(s) and not wishing to stir just know. Did the Comets go into administration or just opt out of running due to finances and stadium issues? The reason i ask is that its not always a straight forward to bring teams back that have folded otherwise half of the promotions would be trying the same trick and starting up under another name. I guess there is absolutely no reason why the Northside Comets couldn't operate out of a new venue.

I don't see why Workington Comets couldn't operate out of a new venue.  It's the ownership name that wouldn't (possibly) be allowed to operate.  The team name has nothing to do with ownership.

• Thanks 1

its fantastic news but i worry about the neighbours and their itchy fingers - prob best build a moat and some gun turrets

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems from what I am reading that the chances of Workington coming back are quite bright, so as someone who knows what it is like to lose their club, I wish them and their supporters every possible success.

• Like 3

Sounds promising, interesting comments by Steve Lawson to that tweet :)

• Like 1