British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

Great news! Fingers crossed it all works out, would be fantastic to see Workington back!  Is the old track still there?

On 11/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, jenga said:

Newcastle boys should feel at home on this track ! .  B)

Track Looks a bit to smooth for the Newcastle boys:o

41 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Air fence from DP still available for them?.....or did I read it was sold?

No they will need a new one...

Very expensive.... fancy making a donation? Spend some of that lockdown pension stashed under the bed!!! LOL...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No they will need a new one...

Very expensive.... fancy making a donation? Spend some of that lockdown pension stashed under the bed!!! LOL...

Regards 

THJ

Ha, ha, wish I had something handy stashed under my bed for sure........gonna have a run through soon to Worky (from Whitey) to have a look at Northside.... hoping it does eventually revive the Comets. 

What concerns me is that Comet fans had a great stadium to view the sport and a spartan(ish) venue might be spurned very quickly? Just a negative thought.

Best regards to you THJ.......miss reading your forum words of wisdom during the close season...roll on March then.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

OH O . i smell a donalp trump .

Pleased you have sense of smell....no covid problems then thank goodness....??

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wardey said:

Great news! Fingers crossed it all works out, would be fantastic to see Workington back!  Is the old track still there?

The straights are now mainly grassed over to thereby widen the rugby pitch.......the bends still in same shape, minus the shale which is now dumped at Northside ready to cover new track.

Edited by singy13

34 minutes ago, Neila said:

Had a walk down to Northside today, plenty of activity from around a dozen volunteer's, the base is in and looks well packed down, plenty of camber on both bends and also on straights, inside curb being laid, about 2/3  done, shale ex Derwent park being sorted to be laid in the next few weeks, changing rooms and pits to be marked out and built, so still lots to do and winter weather on its way !! Good luck to the people behind the venture, 

Has the training track been extended or is this a new track? Can you confirm the size?

13 minutes ago, eric i said:

Has the training track been extended or is this a new track? Can you confirm the size?

It's a totally new track in the area where the old training track was, but the bank's around the site have been taken out to extend the site, track size around 280-300 meters I'm led to believe

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Looks rather promising Neil :t:

I've embedded it here, maybe we need a thread in the National League forum B)

Keep this thread open as it winds people up saying Workington not in this league, but they don't complain when Poole/oxford are posting in both league's

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neila said:

Keep this thread open as it winds people up saying Workington not in this league, but they don't complain when Poole/oxford are posting in both league's

Too right, I guess we are still the Lineal champions of this league :P

Oxford trying to take over the forum now got threads going in all 3 league's :o